Arrow Boot identification help

Primrodo

Sr Member
So I decided to work on the new Arrow costume since I ran into a few road blocks on my Smallville one, and its pretty jazzy.

I am working with a leather maker on getting the suit perfect, however I am trying to ID as much as I can. I got a number of parts ID'd and enroute, however the boots are stumping me.

Thanks to Art for the following photos.

If anyone recognises these that would be great! I've looked at both military boots and biker boots and came up empty.

arrow-green-arrow-22.jpg

arrow-green-arrow-23.jpg

arrow-green-arrow-24.jpg

No leads?

I have exhausted myself looking at Tank Boots, Paratroper boots, vintage boots, doc martens etc...

By my count it looks to be a 14 EYELET boot, which is pretty tall, and mainly Doc Martins pop up.

Hey J,

You think the top velcro closure is part of the boot or it was added as a mod?

The last pic kinda suggests the former, unless they removed the Achilles heel strip and re-attached it post-mod.

I've not seen anything like these yet.

~ BC

At this point I am going to custom build them with the info gathered on the definitive thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey i posted this in the main costume forum, might help with a boot alternative
kenobibale said:
hey guys, not sure if this has come up before but for the boots, nike make a military boot that uses a sole based off the sole of the free run soles. might do as an alternative to the screen boot. and wouldn't be hard to add to the top of the boot to make them taller like arrows
Nike Special Field Men's Boot. Nike Store
i posted this a while back but i guess it got buried.thought it was relevant with all the discussion on the boots

Sorry about that, I did recall seeing it.

Its an ok alternative, but again, the same as any alternative. Any black boot will be fine, however if you want accurate, the actual boots have not been found yet.

Those are not military boots. the Heelcup is wrong unless it was added on. the other leather runner at the mid-point is also not normal for a military boot.

I'd look at motorcycle boots.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back