Arnold Schwarzenegger

morbius

Today I was at the store and I came across Musclemag presents Arnold Schwarzenegger, Special Collectors Edition. I read something that I thought everyone would enjoy...

In the man of action section, they list Arnold's top four nemeses. "In spot # 4 is the Thug from True Lies - One of Arnie's most brutal and "real" feeling fights. The big assassin comes close to handing the Oak's ass to him. Spot # 3 goes to Wilt "the Stilt" in Conan the Destroyer - It's hard to find an opponent with all the muscles to match Arnie, so just go taller. Good call on casting former proballer Wilt Chamberlain as the bodyguard, Bombaata. In second place is T-1000 from T2 - Schwarzenegger gets a taste of his own terminating medicine from a more advanced, morphing T-1000! And here it is, in the # 1 spot....The Predator - Our favorite bad guy....er....monster....uh....alien? Whatever he was, he was one bad Mo-Fo! Even when beaten, he still tries to take Arnie out by setting off a huge suicide bomb."

I thought it was pretty cool that our pred. was ranked Arnies #1 Nemesis out of all the films he's done. Hope you guys enjoy this, I know I did. One more fun fact: "At 7'2 1/2" Kevin Peter Hall is the tallest adversary Arnold has ever battled on film. Wilt Chamberlain, from Conan the Destroyer is only 7'1". "

Filmography:
1970 - Hercules in New York
1973 - The Long Goodbye
1976 - Stay Hungry
1977 - Pumping Iron
1979 - Scavenger Hunt and The Villain
1980 - The Jayne Mansfield Story
1982 - Conan the Barbarian
1984 - The Terminator and Conan the Destroyer
1985 - Commando and Red Sonja
1986 - Raw Deal
1987 - The Running Man and Predator
1988 - Twins and Red Heat
1990 - Kindergarten Cop and Totall Recall
1991 - T2 : Judgment Day
1993 - Last Action Hero
1994 - Junior and True Lies
1996 - Jingle All The Way and Eraser
1997 - Batman & Robin
1998 - End of Days
1999 - The 6th Day
2002 - Collateral Damage
2003 - The Rundown and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
2004 - Around the World in 80 Days
2010 - The Expendables (unconfirmed role)

If you guys are referring to Predator, it is listed next to 1987, unless of course Morbius edited his post lol

frankly, that doesn't come as a big surprise to me. Let's face it, in no other movie was Arnie that hopelessly outwrestled. Terminator doesn't really count here in my book, since Arnie was merely the one taking more damage, whereas the T-1000 didn't take any at all. But at least they seemed to be equally strong and capable, if you know what I mean.

btw, I don't really know what guy they're referring to for True lies.. ? Anyone any idea?

yep for sure number 1 would be pred from P1 he was def his top nemesis XD
awesome stuff would love to see old Arnold now come up against a pred LOL

The T-1000 is 2nd but the TX aint?

Thats something you can discuss over endlessly tho. End fight in commando for example or running man fights :) ...His biggest fight i think was coping with the critics from Batman & Robin tho.

ok lol pumping iron came out in 1977 so it wasnt his first movie but i will add it. All i was doing was telling you what i read in MUSCLEMAG. Sorry guys.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back