Ark Of The Covenant

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been looking in a few areas without luck and I also don't want to derail others build threads.

Do we know the original origins from the movie prop? Meaning, how much of this ark was made and crafted out of wood. Seems highly likely the majority including the lid was made of wood with molded resin decorative pieces like the story panels, leaves and rails. (The cherubs or angels definitely appear to be a cast- and really not on the questions list.) The lid almost looks like they took 2 pieces of crown molding and glued them together. The angles are pretty steep though, so possibly custom milled in the prop department. I have seen craftsman make decorative pieces similar to the leaves out of thinner more pliable wood, so it is possible those leaves are wood and not a cast.

I'd love to read more on this Ark if possible.

Last edited:
Watching your thread in hope of the same info you are after. It's a beautiful prop, very detailed and I own it in just about every scale out there ( except the most important one! 1:1) Looking forward to any future posts concerning details and origin info. If you can get your hands on the book ' From star wars to Indiana jones' it has some great pics of the props and costumes from the films as they appeared for an exhibition in the 90s

Watching your thread in hope of the same info you are after. It's a beautiful prop, very detailed and I own it in just about every scale out there ( except the most important one! 1:1) Looking forward to any future posts concerning details and origin info. If you can get your hands on the book ' From star wars to Indiana jones' it has some great pics of the props and costumes from the films as they appeared for an exhibition in the 90s
This is our thread..

I have the books however it doesnt go into detail about making the prop. I wish they did

Has anyone ever attempted any different versions such as from David and Bathsheba?

th-3157205394.jpg

th-424967530.jpg

th-688551890_20230812180811343.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back