Ark of the Covenant kit

I'm back with updates and will get to all the questions.

First, I had to take a few weeks off from this project to focus on a rather ironic job. And now that it's open to the public I can show pics
(courtesy of Blogmickey.com). It's in a new refreshment area outside of Indy's Stunt Spectacular in Hollywood Studios.
Dial of Destiny SM 1.jpg

Dial of Destiny SM 2.jpg

Only a few pieces more and I will have completed the whole set. :lol:

As I mentioned in the interest thread. 1/2 scale is the best fit for my space. So if you are doing the life-size first, do you think you will get to the other scales this year? I wouldn't think you want to print and cast multiple sized arks all at once, I for one would find that a challenge, so would you go size by size after the 1/1 is completed?

The only thing preventing me from doing the half scale and full sized at the same time is the sheer amount of projects on my desk. It's actually better to mold multiple projects at once.

Case in point, I've still got to finish three of these monster Cybertron globes. Damn thing is the size of a beach ball with full lights and animation.
IMG_20230513_172521543_HDR.jpg

Wow, and you did that for the movie? May I ask you what material has been used? Is that made of resin or brass or something else?
And the most important question: Could you make one for me? :)
I think you got the wrong idea. I haven't worked on a movie in years. In Florida we only ever got junk B movies and the like so I transitioned over to doing custom work for the theme parks. Statues, props, special Fx, etc.

I think you got the wrong idea. I haven't worked on a movie in years. In Florida we only ever got junk B movies and the like so I transitioned over to doing custom work for the theme parks. Statues, props, special Fx, etc.
So that means you did not create the "dial" for the movie itself, you did create it for a theme park!?
If yes, where did you get all the details from? Is it screen accurate and do you have a mold? And what material is it made from?

Sorry for all these questions. I'm very interested in that prop as you can see :)

So that means you did not create the "dial" for the movie itself, you did create it for a theme park!?
If yes, where did you get all the details from? Is it screen accurate and do you have a mold? And what material is it made from?

Sorry for all these questions. I'm very interested in that prop as you can see :)
I appreciate your enthusiasm but when it comes to Disney I can only show what they have released to the public and no more. I can't show behind the scenes pics or talk about how it was made. And before you ask, I definitely will not sell copies.

The Ark is something that I'm doing for myself as a hobby. My professional work is wholly separate and I never mix the two.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but when it comes to Disney I can only show what they have released to the public and no more. I can't show behind the scenes pics or talk about how it was made. And before you ask, I definitely will not sell copies.

The Ark is something that I'm doing for myself as a hobby. My professional work is wholly separate and I never mix the two.
Are you able to share any details about the box dimensions and / or the greek glyphs themselves? Particularly I couldn't make out the glypth between AOYP and TYPI (about 5 o clock), as well as ΜΣΧ (lower inset ring, about 6 o clock). Either way, really an awesome piece, thanks for sharing. When my wife and I were in Disney earlier part of the year, I was disappointed to see the Indy store closed, glad it is back, if even in a new incarnation and purpose - it was always a must-stop for us.

It might be a minute before I can get back down there with my tape measure, lol.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but no. It's not my information go give out.
Right on - Totally understand - Thanks for sharing your work, can't wait to see it in person - the amount of weathering and detail is really well done IMO. Observing the work of talented folks like yourself gives us hacks a goal to aim for.

Ozymandius, your work on the Dial is amazing. I totally understand why you can’t make more. Do you know if Disney is planning on releasing their own version of it as they did with past props?

Ozymandius, your work on the Dial is amazing. I totally understand why you can’t make more. Do you know if Disney is planning on releasing their own version of it as they did with past props?

I'm just a contractor. I don't work there.

I'm back with updates and will get to all the questions.

First, I had to take a few weeks off from this project to focus on a rather ironic job. And now that it's open to the public I can show pics
(courtesy of Blogmickey.com). It's in a new refreshment area outside of Indy's Stunt Spectacular in Hollywood Studios.
View attachment 1709458
View attachment 1709459

Only a few pieces more and I will have completed the whole set. :lol:
I was just there and took a bunch of pictures. This of course was the only prop unprotected and sitting out in the open. Leads me to believe that this is the exact piece that will end up on the shelf for sale seeing how it's a static prop. I'm I correct?? And will this be on-line like the rest

Will you be offering 3d prints of the decorative pieces if one chose to build the rest out of wood?? I was thinking of building this box from wood and using the 3D decorative pieces to finish it.

That dial is only a prop, static, no moving parts and sitting in the wide open unprotected area. I touched it. I'm certain that will be the prop to be sold once the film is out. Every other prop was covered behind glass or shelving that you couldn't get to.

My thumb to pinky opened up is about 8 inches comfortably open and I used this to scale quickly
So it’s about 8 inches side to side

I took these last Friday
37C88139-D431-4AB7-97E9-19EE4A0AE010.jpeg
629599EA-63A7-4584-92C8-5CE663D0AAB4.jpeg
44551CB3-F45B-4C82-8298-C77F5F94B897.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back