Ariel episode of Firefly, two mess ups and one of the best endings EVER!

acwild

I just got done watching the Ariel episode of Firefly and I noticed two mess ups.

First, when Simon, River, and Jayne get caught coming out of the back door, Jayne gets his hands cuffed behind his back, he finds out the Alliance officer as betrayed him... Jayne takes one step... and is hit with a non-leathly stun weapon which knocks him to the floor but... his hands are now at his sides and the cuffs are gone.

Secondly, when Mal and Zoe are confronted by a doctor he grabs Mal's badge, looks at it, then grabs his own and says "see my badge, it says doctor" but... surprisingly... Mal's actually says he was a doctor too!

mal.jpg

Anyways, the ending of that episode is one of my favorites...

SPOILER ALERT (stop reading now)...

The way that Mal is ready to kill Jayne by letting him get sucked out of the air lock when they break atmo and as Mal is leaving Jayne said "what are you going to tell them?".... Mal: "about what?" ... Jayne "about why I'm dead" ... Mal "I hadn't thought about it" ....

Right there, if Jayne would have said something "kiss my ass" or "go to hell" Mal would have just walked away but when Jayne said "make something up... don't tell them what I did" right there Mal knew Jayne was truly remorseful and ashamed of what he had done, so Mal closed the airlock... wow! Freaking great writing by Joss and Tim!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back