Aquaman

sgtsparky22

Greetings,
I've been working on my Aquaman for a while now and I figure I have done enough to warrant posting on here. I've had a lot of fun making scale armor in the past Captain America, Captain Deadpool, and Deathstroke, so I wanted to give the king of the seas a shot. I've worked with both the big and the little scales from The Ringlord, and even though the big scales goes on a lot faster, I prefer the final look and feel of the small scales. I wanted to test out the medium ones, but they were out of stock :(.
CAM00358.jpg CAM00414.jpg

Once I mostly completed the shirt (I'm sure I'll have to go back to it) I started working on the trident. I used different diameters of wood doles and wood filler to get it to this point. The first picture has metal connecting them, but that didn't work right so I replaced it with tiny wood doles that when attached with wood glue hold pretty well. After I had the right shape I cut 5, quarter inch slits into the top to put the arrows I made on top of them. After that I used a little bondo to add thickness to them before smoothing them with more wood filler. Wood filler I could rub on with my fingers and get it more to the shape I wanted before the dreadful sanding. Since then I've put a coat of primer on to see how it looks. I have more work to do on it, but it's a start. Next I'm going to add the bolts so I can screw the top piece to the shaft and see where I want to go from there. Hopefully I'll have more fun stuff later. Thanks.
CAM00427.jpgCAM00431.jpgCAM00460.jpgCAM00131.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00131.jpg
    CAM00131.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 51
Anyone who has the patience and skill to do scale-mail automatically has my respect. I am digging the trident so far as well. Looking forward to seeing the handle you put on it.

Didn't do much work, but I've added the bolt to the trident
CAM00134.jpgCAM00138.jpg

Looking great man! Just finished a Aquaman costume myself. Scale and trident are really looking good, can't wait to see the rest!

I believe I saw your build, really liked it. Debating on the collar since I learned how to make something like warbla

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back