Aquaman build

Perrin515

Just finished up my shirt, going to start on my fiance's Mera next. Going to be making armor out of Warbla. Let me know what you guys think thus far.
10349228_729418363840857_6590373611987790740_n.jpg10670036_729418377174189_2913594067014533625_n.jpg

Very nice work. I built an almost identical scale shirt for my Aquaman cosplay. I appreciate that you did a separate shoulder piece as opposed to the standard "t-shirt" pattern.

What are your plans for the sleeves, or are you going sleeveless?

Yeah, I wanted the 45 degree angle on the shoulders and I had done something similar with a chainmail shirt I had made previously.

I am planning on going sleeveless. I am going to make more armor as well. I am going to do a shoulder similar to the alternate costume in Injustice.

I really like your trident, did you make it?

I understand on the sleeves. I tried to have them at first and ended up scraping them due to movement issues. Instead I made sleeves out of bronze fabric and covered them in fishnets.

Aquaman by Dana Feiwus.jpg

I've thought about doing an Injustice build, but decided to focus on my steampunk version (profile picture).

Thanks for the compliment! I made my trident out of PVC pipes and connectors. I'll be posting a pretty long build on everything today or tomorrow so you can see progress photos. :)

Very nice scale maille, and I like your ideas for the bracers.

Also -
I understand on the sleeves. I tried to have them at first and ended up scraping them due to movement issues. Instead I made sleeves out of bronze fabric and covered them in fishnets.

The fishnet-over-metallic method looks surprisingly good. I'll have to remember that.

That looks amazing, I can't believe they look that good. Anybody planning a Thor costume should take note.

Duuuuude that shirt is awesome. That's gonna be one sick costume when its done, nice job! You just link the individual pieces together; almost like chain mail?

It is very similar to chainmail. The scales are all linked together with rings on the underside of the shirt. I decided to go with a split ring {overlaps like a key chain ring) do this shirt is never coming apart....lol the materials were bought off of theringlord.com

Here is the start to the trident. Pretty rough still, needs quite a bit more smoothing and need to finish the side heads.

The PVC was heat bent and superglued to each other. Used epoxy putty to round and secure joints and the attach the heads.
20150329_161915.jpg

Start of the upper armor
20150405_181800.jpg20150405_181806.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

outer bracers have been glossed
20150405_181829 (1).jpg

Back side of the bracers
20150405_181843.jpg

Attachments

• 20150329_161915.jpg
    20150329_161915.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back