Apple stole my Badge!!!! (BladeRunner)

Originally posted by tripoli+Jan 29 2006, 11:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripoli @ Jan 29 2006, 11:28 PM)</div>
I think Dr. Strangelove should assert his authority to the badge design: MAKE ANOTHER RUN OF THEM. [/b]
I'm confused... :confused

Is Dr. S the author of this design? Another badge, pictured on the left below, looks like virtually the same design... and according to Prop Runner it predates the Doc's badge.

<!--QuoteBegin-Prop Runner
@Jan 28 2006, 08:06 PM
Here are examples of two that predate (not to mention directly inspired) your project:
dekardbadge.jpg
rep-detect%20badge.jpg

I'm not personally familiar with who did what first here. Can somebody fill in the missing links?

Originally posted by temponaut@Jan 29 2006, 06:45 AM
I'm confused...  :confused

Is Dr. S the author of this design?  Another badge, pictured on the left below, looks like virtually the same design... and according to Prop Runner it predates the Doc's badge...

...I'm not personally familiar with who did what first here.  Can somebody fill in the missing links?
Dr. S made the most recent and IMHO nicest and highest quality Blade Runner badge & leather holder, inspired by demand generated by earlier attempts like the ones I posted. The badge in the above photo (can't assess it's true quality - that's the only photo I found) was floating around on eBay for a while but nobody knew who made it and it had stopped selling, so Dr. S rose to the occassion. :D

Here's the stunning result:

IMG_2046s.JPG

IMG_2047s.JPG

[attachmentid=6307]

- Gabe

"They say you Bwade Wunnah."

:lol

Thats what I remember from the original Blade Runner badge discussion thread way back when the RPF was on eZboard I think.

rotten apples

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.

To be sure, I only polished a design that I had been shown by Guy Raz. The wallet is all mine though, it was actually kind of an after thought to get the lettering on it with the seal and all.

But, no, I did not originate the badge. Like Chick-Filet, I did not invent the badge, I just perfected it.

Still pissed, though....

Grrrrrrr............

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 30 2006, 02:26 AM
Here's the stunning result
Thanks for bringing me up to speed, Prop Runner. (You, too, Dr. S. :D )

That is a mighty fine lookin' shield. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back