Apollo A7L Moon Suit

Relief valve
reliefValve.jpg

-----------

Buckle Parts
buckle.jpg

PM me when you have the buckle finished so I can pick one up. Good reference material is hard to find. The PLS RCU side connector is a another hard one.

Kenlandrum,

Since we're talking suit fittings... Any chance you might do some Shuttle Era fittings for use by those of us doing ACES builds? As it stands now I'm going to have to pick up your Apollo era fittings and do some extensive modding to get close to the newer stuff.

Regards,
Chuck

Kenlandrum,

Since we're talking suit fittings... Any chance you might do some Shuttle Era fittings for use by those of us doing ACES builds? As it stands now I'm going to have to pick up your Apollo era fittings and do some extensive modding to get close to the newer stuff.

Regards,
Chuck

Not for now at least... I've spread myself super thin in the past working of too many things at one time and now I'm trying to focus on finishing my mk3 armor and my A7L. Are there specific parts you need modeled?

Kenlandrum,

There is an inlet, (cooling/O2) I believe, on the left side front of the suit where the cooling air enters the suit across from the regulator. It looks very similar to an Apollo era fitting only with out the "dogs". Most often this fitting has an elbow attached, and is capped to keep out debris. On the inside the fitting has perforations to allow airflow into the suit.

Being a draftsman (semi retired) I started to do a 2d drawing of same, for conversion to 3d later. However I am not happy trying to scale the pictures I have found on the internet, and both NASA and David-Clark have not responded to my queries for information.

So my best plan thus far is to take one of your fittings (which I love by the way) and sand it down for height and remove the remaining dog material then drill out the perforations on the inner surface. (Not the most accurate, but it woud give a good representation at any rate.)

Best regards,
Chuck

Wrist disconnects
View attachment 669895

Glove side ID 3", although mine will probably have to be closer to 4".

Please put these on your Shapeways page!!!! This has been the one piece ive been missing to really give it the POP it needs. You can order stuff to be made out of metal on Shapeways right? Some aluminum paint in blue and red.....presto!

The inner diameter of the glove side ring should be about 3.5" at its narrowest

Awesome! Thank you...updated the shapeways file to 3-1/2" ID

I'm still going to have to print mine at 4" ID as I tried to stick my hand through a piece of paper with a 3.5" hole and it was a no-go!
hand.jpg

BTW, does anyone know if all of the "hard parts" were the same size and not custom to each astronaut like the "soft parts" were?

As far as I know, the hard parts like the glove disconnects and neck ring were a fixed size. Though they did enlarge the ventilation port on the neck ring between A10 and A11.

Awesome! Thank you...updated the shapeways file to 3-1/2" ID

I'm still going to have to print mine at 4" ID as I tried to stick my hand through a piece of paper with a 3.5" hole and it was a no-go!
View attachment 671167

BTW, does anyone know if all of the "hard parts" were the same size and not custom to each astronaut like the "soft parts" were?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back