Aperture Labratories Scientist Costume

Koko

Is there a standard for making an Aperture Laboratories Scientist costume? I was just going to buy a standard lab coat, and see if I can get the Aperture Logo and maybe my name embroidered on the front above the chest pocket, and a larger Aperture logo and a slogan embroidered or screen printed on the back.

I found an interesting ID card from identityprops.com that looks cool.
Aperture Laboratories ID Cards Portal From the Identity Props Store

I'm also assuming that a clipboard would be a nice add on as well.

I'm kinda thinking that anything goes, since these are costumes that aren't actually featured directly in the game, but I'm still looking for opinions.

Thanks
Gary

I don't see how you could go wrong. Aperture's logo is pretty recognizable to anyone who is familiar with the game. I recommend screen print for the back logo. Also you might not want to embroider your name into your coat because you will already have a name tag. You are a typical worker after all, unless you want to put yourself into a significant position.

A clipboard is a nice prop, but a replica Portal Gun would help you stand out even more.

I would recommend carrying one of the more reconizable Portal props such as the gun, a cube, a personality core, or if you are lucky a Chell.

For Dragon Con I put on a lab coat when I carried around my portal Gun and people got it right away. Even when I wasn't carrying the portal gun I was still called an aperature scientist even though I have no markings on my coat.

Be careful when you pick you coat. Mine has a seam right down the middle of the back so I couldnt put the logo on the back like I wanted.

Some pictures of my Aperature Scientist

DSCN3527_edited.jpg

DSCF1717.jpg

DSCF1682.jpg

DSCF1718.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back