anyone use fine line paint /marker pens for detail work


Well-Known Member
looking for some fine 0.1mm (or so ) black paint or marker pens to use on painted models

i recall seeing some japanesse brands reccomended somewhere but cant find the post now

can anyone throw out some names of good ones that will be permanent on painted models , would prefer black paint over the purpleish look that markers give


Sr Member
I've read/seen tutorials in FSM of others using paint markers/art marker&pens to do panel lines and paint chips for detail work on armor and fighter planes...some sci-fi subjects too.

Mike J.

Master Member
I know of a guy that uses the fine Gundam markers / pens to accent panel lines and a super-fine Rotring pen for filling in areas and getting darker blacks.



Well-Known Member
right yes it was the gundams i was looking at , local hobby stores dont have them

theres some on on ebay , does anyone know what the gm xx code translates to in size? non of the auctions mention the tip size
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.