anyone use fine line paint /marker pens for detail work

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

steveo3002

looking for some fine 0.1mm (or so ) black paint or marker pens to use on painted models

i recall seeing some japanesse brands reccomended somewhere but cant find the post now

can anyone throw out some names of good ones that will be permanent on painted models , would prefer black paint over the purpleish look that markers give

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

modellernz

i think your talking "gundam markers" .. most model shops should have them .. if not try ebay or checkout hobby link japan

JPolacchi

Sr Member
I've read/seen tutorials in FSM of others using paint markers/art marker&pens to do panel lines and paint chips for detail work on armor and fighter planes...some sci-fi subjects too.

Mike J.

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know of a guy that uses the fine Gundam markers / pens to accent panel lines and a super-fine Rotring pen for filling in areas and getting darker blacks.

Dalong.net

-MJ

steveo3002

right yes it was the gundams i was looking at , local hobby stores dont have them

theres some on on ebay , does anyone know what the gm xx code translates to in size? non of the auctions mention the tip size