anyone use fine line paint /marker pens for detail work

steveo3002

Sr Member
looking for some fine 0.1mm (or so ) black paint or marker pens to use on painted models

i recall seeing some japanesse brands reccomended somewhere but cant find the post now

can anyone throw out some names of good ones that will be permanent on painted models , would prefer black paint over the purpleish look that markers give

I've read/seen tutorials in FSM of others using paint markers/art marker&pens to do panel lines and paint chips for detail work on armor and fighter planes...some sci-fi subjects too.

I know of a guy that uses the fine Gundam markers / pens to accent panel lines and a super-fine Rotring pen for filling in areas and getting darker blacks.

Dalong.net

-MJ

right yes it was the gundams i was looking at , local hobby stores dont have them

theres some on on ebay , does anyone know what the gm xx code translates to in size? non of the auctions mention the tip size

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back