Anyone have access to a 3d printer? (DAOTF Hidden blade)

AlexGordon

I have a 3d model of a DAOTF hidden blade that I would love to get printed. it has 2 layers of the blade and both layers lock independantly forward and backward. Trouble is, I uploaded my model to shapeways and it's $210 each to have printed. So I figured I'd ask here. If someone wants one (or two) and would be willing to print me one (or two) as well, I'd give them the files. Kind of a last ditch effort here.

it's mechanically identical to this.

Ammnra Hidden Blade 2.0 WIP | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

if anyone has any interest in making this happen, let me know.

I'm trying to find someone who would do it just to be able to have one for themselves at this point. If money was no factor I'd have them on order already. If time was no factor I wouldn't have made this thread.

Basically, I have the design, someone wants it and has access to the printer, they can have a set for themselves if they make a set for me.

thanks. I figured I'd post here and if I didn't get any hits, I'd just wait until I got the cash for a set for myself. I'd rather get it done now than later though. that's why I even bothered posting it.

PM me.

I have a Z Corporation Z400, that prints up to 8 x 10 x 11". I'd be happy to run the print for a token sum to help pay for materials. (And my materials are dirt cheap)

--buddy

I have a 3d model of a DAOTF hidden blade that I would love to get printed. it has 2 layers of the blade and both layers lock independantly forward and backward. Trouble is, I uploaded my model to shapeways and it's $210 each to have printed. So I figured I'd ask here. If someone wants one (or two) and would be willing to print me one (or two) as well, I'd give them the files. Kind of a last ditch effort here.

it's mechanically identical to this.

Ammnra Hidden Blade 2.0 WIP | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

if anyone has any interest in making this happen, let me know.

I have access to a 3D Printer since yesterday! I'd love to help you out with this project if it mean I can print one out for myself as well. Please let me know!

Last edited:
Heya, I haven't heard back from the first person who was taking on this task. He was having printer troubles and he kept me informed but that was weeks ago. Haven't heard a peep since. Send me a PM and we'll talk.

Hi Alex,

I realize this post is almost a year old but I was wondering if you still wanted this done? I have access to a Makerbot 3D printer that uses PLA plastic. If you want to send me an email with the file I would be happy to take a look at it to see if it could be printed. If you are not interested anymore, I was curious if I could have a look at your file anyway?

Thanks,
Rex

Hi Episaurus, what is PLA plastic? I have an engine bell for printing. I'm planning on puttying up the printed bell as it seems like an option this time - there aren't any details on it that would suffer from puttying and sanding but I'd like to know if the PLA Plastic will not melt from putty. On second thought, I'll probably just Apoxie it rather than use conventional acetone-based putty. Let me send you a PM.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back