Anyone gotten their hands on the Black Series Cardinal helmet yet?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wondering if it’s worth the $100. Seems like the BS helmets can be either a screaming deal or just so-so.

I’ve seen other post theirs on social media. Mine is one the way, and will arrive on the 13th. If no one posts anything by then, I’ll let you know.

Got mine in, and I'm really diggin' it, but I don't have any other FO trooper buckets to compare it to. Feels more solid than the Poe pilot helmet to me.

A few quick shots:
PXL_20210109_074938188.jpgPXL_20210109_074944641.jpgPXL_20210109_074951631.jpgPXL_20210109_074958284.jpgPXL_20210109_075005410.jpgPXL_20210109_075015116.jpgPXL_20210109_075024114.jpgPXL_20210109_075030378.jpgPXL_20210109_075039673.jpgPXL_20210109_075054986.jpgPXL_20210109_075105220.jpgPXL_20210109_075142376.jpg

For some reason the metal tusk sold me. I just off-loaded an anovos standard TFA bucket. I also prefer the VIII and IX design.

One major difference in quality is the stupid hard-hat liner in the Anovos standard. It swiveled front to back which meant the helmet would rock out of place while wearing.

It really is something when you end up selling a high end replica for a "toy" version because it is legitimately better.

The head liner in the black series is horrible aswell. It swivels side to side, and the only thing that semi-holds it to your head is an elastic strap to the rear of your head. To remedy this I put a foam donut into the top of the helmet between the supplied strap and dome of the helmet. This provides a snug enough tension to stop it from wobbling side to side and being uncomfortable.

But honestly for the price it is absolutely amazing. Hasbro in my opinion are putting efx and Anovos to shame.

*Edit spelling

Last edited:
Thanks, all. Wondering how hard it would be to strip this helmet (the black parts, the tusk, the lenses) so it could be re-painted as a standard TLJ TK or a Pyre. Does it seem possible? I could care less about messing up the electronics.

But now that I think about it, Pyre’s helmet was TFA, wasn’t it? No teeth.

I am wondering if I missed something? They are releasing such a niche character variation instead of a regular trooper or did I miss that Black Series New Order Stormtrooper helmet somehow?!

I am wondering if I missed something? They are releasing such a niche character variation instead of a regular trooper or did I miss that Black Series New Order Stormtrooper helmet somehow?!

I believe that's rumored to be coming up shortly. If the helmet is exactly the same, then it's just a matter of a different paint job.

As to why Cardinal first? My only guess is because he is niche, and they knew people would snatch this up. Or maybe his action figure sold really well?

Last edited:
I believe that's rumored to be coming up shortly. If the helmet is exactly the same, then it's just a matter of a different paint job.

As to why Cardinal first? My only guess is because he is niche, and they knew people would snatch this up. Or maybe his action figure sold really well?
My theory is Target/Disney expedited the production of the Cardinal helmet so it could launch closer to the rest of their Galaxy's Edge product line. Literally the only reason this helmet exists is because it's red. Target has exclusive red Funko Pops as well just because that's their brand color.

My theory is Target/Disney expedited the production of the Cardinal helmet so it could launch closer to the rest of their Galaxy's Edge product line. Literally the only reason this helmet exists is because it's red. Target has exclusive red Funko Pops as well just because that's their brand color.

Are you saying that Cardinal was created solely due to the marketing deal between Disney and Target, with the latter demanding a character be created in the EU that sports a "Target Red" color scheme?

Are you saying that Cardinal was created solely due to the marketing deal between Disney and Target, with the latter demanding a character be created in the EU that sports a "Target Red" color scheme?
Sorry, no, I meant the Black Series Cardinal helmet exists only because it's red. Captain Cardinal was created four years ago in the Phasma novel.

Sorry, no, I meant the Black Series Cardinal helmet exists only because it's red. Captain Cardinal was created four years ago in the Phasma novel.

Right. I know where he came from. I just thought that when you mentioned the "Target Red" Funkos, you were likewise suggesting that years ago, Target asked Disney to create a character whose merch would be exclusive to Target and who would sport the company's color.

This being released before a standard white FO bucket is absolutely due to the "Galaxy's Edge Trading Post" product line timing, thus its exclusivity to Target. Just as they rebranded other products for the GETP, they had this in the pipeline and thought "hey, this guy was in the GE novel and we can just do a red version of our next bucket as an exclusive."

I absolutely love the Hasbro Black Series stuff. For sole decorative purposes it really helps to have the option for such cheap yet well made helmets.

Thanks, all. Wondering how hard it would be to strip this helmet (the black parts, the tusk, the lenses) so it could be re-painted as a standard TLJ TK or a Pyre. Does it seem possible? I could care less about messing up the electronics.

But now that I think about it, Pyre’s helmet was TFA, wasn’t it? No teeth.
disassembly is a bit of a puzzle. first step is the bottom black part since that holds the interior bottom edge. Interior is mutliple parts (the 2 smaller side-pieces holding the elastic strap are glued with a dot of super-glue to the front interior). Back part and the 2 small side parts are clipped to the head part, too. The nose part is screwed in from the interior fromt part. The top interior is held at front by 3 clips which hide behind front interior and the 6 screws comnecting it to the top. The 2 main shell parts are held by some screws omly accessible after stripping the interior. (can't send pics, sent this post from my phone at a work break. Someone over at whitearmor.net documents this process though. Going to link that thread once its up)

disassembly is a bit of a puzzle. first step is the bottom black part since that holds the interior bottom edge. Interior is mutliple parts (the 2 smaller side-pieces holding the elastic strap are glued with a dot of super-glue to the front interior). Back part and the 2 small side parts are clipped to the head part, too. The nose part is screwed in from the interior fromt part. The top interior is held at front by 3 clips which hide behind front interior and the 6 screws comnecting it to the top. The 2 main shell parts are held by some screws omly accessible after stripping the interior. (can't send pics, sent this post from my phone at a work break. Someone over at whitearmor.net documents this process though. Going to link that thread once its up)

Thanks. I look forward to that link. (y)

Thanks. I look forward to that link. (y)

Documented it since i assume that whitearmor.net user takes a bit longer since he plans a repaint/rework. Posting a Teardown/Disassembly guidehere
Interior Screws (10 short 2 longer + the 3 in the nose frame which i kept in that part):
STEP01.jpg
STEP02A.jpg
STEP02B.jpg
STEP02SCR.jpg

Screws labeled with S are short one, L are the 2 long ones. N labels the nose piece ones.

Bottom Rim (10 long ones):

STEP03.jpg
:
STEP03SCR.jpg

Now you can pull off the bottom black rim. (needs a bit of force at the back. If you want to keep the electronics be careful for the wires, otherwise you can snip them off now. (kept them intact for this guide):
STEP04.jpg

Microphone can be pulled out by pulling at the 2 wires connecting it. its pushed in with a rubber holder holding it.
Button part at right side is behind the small panel holding the elastic strip.
STEP05A.jpg
STEP05B.jpg
STEP05SCR.jpg

Unhook the back part first (labeled with 1 in the image). After that you can pull the piece to the middle. There might be a spot of glue between this part and the front interior (as seen in the second pic). Button is under that piece of circuit board.

Other side is similar connected.

STEP06.jpg
STEP06B.jpg

After removal of this 2 pieces you can pull out the front interior part. Lenses are sandwiched in between the interior and exterior and can pulled out after getting that piece out.
STEP07.jpg
STEP08A.jpg

Top Part is held by those clips here. YOu need to pull it up while pushing the clips down:
STEP08B.jpg

Inside view with interior removed and a look at the connection of the 2 remaining pieces:
STEP10.jpg
STEP10B.jpg
STEP10C.jpg
STEP10D.jpg

the 6 remaining screws and some clip parts at the front hold the 2 shell halves together. The greeblies are separate pieces that fall out to inside now

Front Black part is clipped in at front half.

Edit: FOrmatting broke

Last edited:
My helmet came in a few days early! It looks great, and I’m surprised with how good the quality is. Here are a few pictures of the helmet next to my Anovos TFA standard line helmet.

Honestly, I think the Hasbro is a higher quality helmet than the Anovos. It’s amazing how far Hasbro has come with these black series helmets.

Attachments

• 3C9CF8A0-CF87-4574-9707-43E834690A23.jpeg
    3C9CF8A0-CF87-4574-9707-43E834690A23.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 167
  • 9BD576A5-F41C-44DE-A2BF-85B306345CC3.jpeg
    9BD576A5-F41C-44DE-A2BF-85B306345CC3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • 0ADDDD6C-C658-484C-BCEB-56918A80EB7C.jpeg
    0ADDDD6C-C658-484C-BCEB-56918A80EB7C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
  • 30158ACD-B9FF-405F-9FC8-A4A1A0ED16DA.jpeg
    30158ACD-B9FF-405F-9FC8-A4A1A0ED16DA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 175

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back