Anyone ever tackled the Nebulon B?

Thrawn

I was watching one of the extended features of the OT DVD's today, and noticed in a scene someone is talking next to a 4-5 foot model of the Nebulon B Frigate (the Medical frigate from ROTJ, and the largest rebel ship at the end of ESB). Just wondering if anyone has ever built one, its been a favorite of mine for a while.

I am having one one built for me by scale solutions of Australia. There are a few projects that I would never get to myself and this is one of them. The model will be 4-5 ft. long. and is taking a year to do. It is being done the same way ILM did it. Sub and ship models for the front and layered decking in the rear. When I get some more pics I will post them here.

Originally posted by roguemodeler@Aug 5 2005, 07:19 PM
I am having one one built for me by scale solutions of Australia. There are a few projects that I would never get to myself and this is one of them. The model will be 4-5 ft. long. and is taking a year to do. It is being done the same way ILM did it. Sub and ship models for the front and layered decking in the rear. When I get some more pics I will post them here.
[snapback]1051216[/snapback]​

Is it going to be complete on both sides ? ( The ILM model was only finished on the left side )
Somewhere I have a picture of me standing next to it....

It will be complete 360 degrees. Basically replicated from the side seen in the movie...and lit. M
Originally posted by iceman+Aug 30 2005, 09:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iceman @ Aug 30 2005, 09:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-roguemodeler
@Aug 5 2005, 07:19 PM
[snapback]1051216[/snapback]​

Is it going to be complete on both sides ? ( The ILM model was only finished on the left side )
Somewhere I have a picture of me standing next to it....
[snapback]1068167[/snapback]​
[/b]

i started this idea a while back, wat you see here is now in styrene via vacforming, but sadly i shelved it for now as the project hurt my head, i may pick up on it someday, it just became a build of ifs and buts and major lack of reference, length was planned at 34".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ral...icture00081.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ral...icture00079.jpg

this is a build my cousin did, came out at around 14"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ral...ysbuilds014.jpg

No tutorial griff as it was built off the cuff and outta styrene miliput and junk box parts, im workin on buildin one in 1/700 scale at the moment at 16", been lookin at ship hulls till im goin blue to get the right shape, anyone know wat was used on the prop, i need to find something similar in a small scale i can hack and work on, failing that ill have to sculpt it.

There's an "x-wing strip" (casting of the entire top of fuselage of the SS x-wing) on the side of the rear portion, and to me it looks like there MIGHT be a couple of V8 pistons just forward of the window Luke and Leia look out of at the end. Oh, and lots of battleship/destroyer/sub hulls, but I don't know which ones specifically.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back