Anyone do a Dengar costume?

IanL

I am looking for references and sources for the greeblies and soft goods for a Dengar costume, particularly the undersuit, boots and headwrap, as well as some of the greeblies on the chest armor. Haven't had much luck on the 501st forums. :(

Also if anyone has some high res still photos (front and back) I'd love to reference those as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IanL @ May 10 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1241900[/snapback]</div>
I am looking for references and sources for the greeblies and soft goods for a Dengar costume, particularly the undersuit, boots and headwrap, as well as some of the greeblies on the chest armor. Haven't had much luck on the 501st forums. :(

Also if anyone has some high res still photos (front and back) I'd love to reference those as well.
[/b]

Ian... Skaught of our garrison has a great Dengar. PM him at FL501st. He's your best bet. ;)

~ Lori

Not as tough as you might imagine but nothing is easy.

Jaybone9 has a great Dengar. I think his is one of the best I have seen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saber_holder @ May 10 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1242177[/snapback]</div>
Isn't the armor just a mix of stormtrooper, sandtrooper, and snowtrooper armor?
[/b]

Yes the armor is the easy part. Snowtrooper chest, Stormtrooper shoulder bells, forearms, and thighs, Sandtrooper ab plate and calves (with diamond plates). I am looking for help with the soft parts, and the backpack.

I have spoken to Skaught in the past about his costume, I am looking to see if there are others who have done it or have any good reference, or behind the scenes photos.

Look in the Star Wars Chronicles, there are some in there. A decent front back shot, its missing a few thing that are in the scene in ESB though, but it gives you a general idea what the backpack looks like.

Eric

Actually, in ROTJ, it appears he had back armor instead of the backpack from ESB. So, either way is screen accurate. I built a Dengar for TK826 years ago. We actually went an easy route for the undersuit and used white sweat shirt and pants, and misted the exposed areas with grey primer, giving it the look of the 'newer line' of Kenner action figure. Worked well.

Hey,

Just trash a TK suit, spraypaint it grey/black and wrap yourself up in some toilet paper. All done.

(sorry, I'm feeling mischievous and couldn't resist) :)

/Joe

Thought I would dredge up the dead instead of making a new topic.

Dengarmoviepackclip.jpg

Anyone know if this is a common type of strap or something? It looks like a clip style but I have not seen anything with a clip that is that thick. The closest thing I could think of is an old guitar strap.

Any help would be great.

When I made my pack, I used an old backpack frame I got of ebay for about $12. The existing straps that came with it looked exactly like that, so I added my own shoulder straps and used the fram'es straps to go over the junk.

Scott

Fantastic. Thanks a bunch, I will check that out.

I am using an old hiking frame as well but it uses a different setup.

Great group of pics. Thank you for those. With the lack of info I have been going slow and steady on this costume for a few months but I am hoping to have it done real soon now.

Now back to the workbench...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr Fett @ May 31 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1253726[/snapback]</div>
Actually, in ROTJ, it appears he had back armor instead of the backpack from ESB. So, either way is screen accurate. I built a Dengar for TK826 years ago. We actually went an easy route for the undersuit and used white sweat shirt and pants, and misted the exposed areas with grey primer, giving it the look of the 'newer line' of Kenner action figure. Worked well.
[/b]

His back armor in ROTJ was a Stormtrooper chest plate. You can clearly see it after the blaster fires.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ItsThatGuy @ Mar 11 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1437850[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr Fett @ May 31 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1253726[/snapback]
[/b]

His back armor in ROTJ was a Stormtrooper chest plate. You can clearly see it after the blaster fires.
[/b][/quote]

Do you have a screencap of this?

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dkwd @ Mar 12 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]1438190[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ItsThatGuy @ Mar 11 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1437850[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr Fett @ May 31 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1253726[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Do you have a screencap of this?

David
[/b][/quote]

dengarTKplate.jpg

I would also like to know what kind of blaster that is.

I thought we had talked about that Tony. It is a piece part deal that they made up and called it a shotgun. I had the info somewhere. probably on my smoked computer.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back