Any reference out there for the Scorpion?

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by Stormleader, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Stormleader

Stormleader Well-Known Member

I've been watching BR on DVD, and I really like this ship. :)

This is all I've been able to find:

http://www.universalhartland.com/code/buck101s.shtml

I have some screencaps too.

So far, I've surmised that the front/cockpit/nose is from a Super Cobra, and the main fuselage looks like 2 bottom halves of an F-14 Tomcat mated together. Out where the "wings" would be, there are rocket pods, and Phoenix missiles.

Also, does anyone know if there are castings/molds out there of the SS Hatchet Fighter? I've never even heard of anything besides the old Monogram kit.

2. wizardofflight

wizardofflight Well-Known Member

That is everything that I have been able to find and I have bee looking for a couple of years now. Definitely the Cobra and the F-14.

Alfred Wong did a 1/48 scale model kit some time back. Can't seem to locate the link though.

Alan

3. tk1608

tk1608 Sr Member

4. Stormleader

Actually, Alfred replied on the SM forums (I posted this same topic) and he said the boxy part on the bottom is a Sherman tank...

He did confirm it was a 1/32 Cobra and 1/48 Tomcat. I was wrong apparently it's a complete Tomcat fuselage (not two bottom halves) but flipped over and the intakes are glued to what would be the "top" side.

At least, a SS version wouldn't be HUUUGE.... :)

5. Clerval

Clerval Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You've got a Harrier there as well, and I thought something from the Lunar Lander, but I think I'm seeing two parts the wrong way.

6. Stormleader

Which parts are off the Harrier? I am trying to figure out the big cannon in front, but i think it's just a mish mash of parts...