Any info on AT-ATRon?

Smally

Hey guys,

I'm trying to source as much info about the AT-ATRon model kits as I possibly can I have searched the net and have only managed to find a VERY limited amount of info on them. I have also searched here on the RPF and again can only find a couple of threads which people started some time ago.

I'm looking for any pictures of the Ron kit as well as information such as quantity produced etc etc.

Any help would be great:thumbsup

Thanks all,
Smally.

Just search out TK1608's thread, no controversy in that :rolleyes. Better yet maybe message Phil himself, im sure he will help you out, he's a super bloke!

lee

Quite right. Great build, that. Ignore me, Smally! Brain fart, I would have sworn I remembered a bunch of argy-bargy over this kit back in the day, but I can't find hide nor hair of it. Must have been thinking of something else, apologies...

Quite right. Great build, that. Ignore me, Smally! Brain fart, I would have sworn I remembered a bunch of argy-bargy over this kit back in the day, but I can't find hide nor hair of it. Must have been thinking of something else, apologies...
Someone did try to sell recasts of it, maybe that was what you were remembering.

Aww, thanks Lee, you're pretty super too..:lol:thumbsup

Smally and myself have had speaks about the Ron, I've sent some piccys over, and he's very welcome to ask anything else, I'm more than happy to help if I can.

Phil

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the posts.

Phil did send me a disc with ref pics of his Ron and they are awesome, thanks again buddy!

I am interested to see some pics of other peoples' at-atron's completed and/or build progress. I have recieved mine and not to sure at the moment where to start on it.

I would also be interested to know how many were made in total and how you find oput what number you own etc.

Thanks again all,
Smally.

Hi Smally, the number was scratched on the underside of the main body on the one I have, I dunno if that's the case for them all though...

Steve the swede got fairly well on with his....I dunno if he ever finished it, I'm sure there used to be some pics of his on here somewhere. He was the guy who inspired me to have a go at the Ron kit in the first place..

BTW pm sent..

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
No one is producing the kits anymore that I'm aware of unless you can find an old SMT kit,this other RONAt-At or want to scratch build a S.S At-At and there were at least three different scales made(excluding the LARGE feet).I don't recommend purchasing any re-casts.You will be disapointed.You can try putting an ad up in the JY or in Cultman TV or SSM.You might get a respionse for an SMT At-At.That's how I bought mine.The SMT kit might be easier to get.I've heard the larger scale RON At-At kit was made in very limited qunataties,less than the SMT kits.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back