ANOVOS Kirk TOS Tunic

Are these Preshrunk?

Because as it is some people are pushing the envelope on the size & I would hate to see them squeeze into them after a Laundering.

And at the Price Each 300.00 to $500.00
It makes me worried and a little leary to Order and get something that will only be able to hang in a display case if it's too small.
I mean if my head itches and reach to scratch it and I rip the arms off.
Also I'm going to get pretty tired going around keeping my arms by my waist all the time.

Going the other way if you order big, that throws the seams off and the look is totally wrong, Not to mention removing this and that, hemming, sewing everything back into place.
Then again you bought the tunic for $300.00 and it came to your door wrong?
$500.00 if you want a Kirk Wrap.

IMHO: I think they look Very Good, Very Accurate.
But at $500.00 for a Shirt that I can honesty only wear to certain places, I want William Shatner dropping it off at my door for this Price tag.
But then it's only 1/2 a uniform I still need pants!!!!!!
Ugh..............

Moot point on the Wrap as they are sold out.

I ordered an X-Large and it fits fine on me.

As with most Costuming taking it to a tailor for a custom fit is usually what you have to do.

As for washing these I would advise taking the Insignia and Braid off as they did the originals and then dry-clean only if that.

$500.00 if you want a Kirk Wrap.

Last edited:
So the tunic is under $300 .

The Wrap is sold out.

As for sizing, we're pretty good for exchanges if its necessary. Its the caveat that comes with the world of selling clothing, not just costuming.

Its a near impossibility to capture one perfect replica that will fit all the various sizes out there. That's why we leave the hems in there and a pretty open line of communication to our customers for additional consult.

I agree. This is now the third tunic I've seen that looks really tight in the chest. One was a net friend and the other was a guy on ANOVOS' facebook page.
Joe is this a customer mesurement issue, a sizing issue, or a patterning issue. I know one of your pattern sources was John, what does he think?

John

deleted!

Last edited:
I do have long as heck arms, 37.5" arms to exact. The waist does come quite large and I am having mine taylored in, I used a hair clip to pull it this tight for the pics.

Drat! I was worried they'd be bell shaped. :darnkids

...shoulda gone a size smaller... especially since I've lost ten pounds since I ordered it.

I got mine yesterday and all I can say is WOW! So happy with this tunic. The quality is better than I expected. I cannot wait to get the pants and boots.

I've seen quite a few of these now, and I really do think that for the sizing, the chest at about the point of most people's xiphoid process is too tight.

Additionally, every single Anovos tunic I've seen thus far has the insignia placed too far to the left. It just doesn't look right.

Changing questions though for a second, how's John coming on the wraps? If he's going to be making a first season wrap next year, I may have to get in on that (provided diaper purchases decrease).

Cheers!

So the tunic is under $300 .

The Wrap is sold out.

As for sizing, we're pretty good for exchanges if its necessary.

Not busting your balls but,
Tunic $279.95 + Shipping = Pretty close to $300.00 to me.

"ANOVOS will not accept exchanges, returns or replacements on orders requiring choice or sizing measurement that were confirmed prior to shipment. ANOVOS places complete responsibility on consumer to measure, follow appropriate sizing chart, confirm and place the order. By purchasing the item(s), the customer understand and accepts this policy."

Item to be exchanged must be in-stock, on-hand and available for shipment from ANOVOS.
Due to the limited and unique nature of ANOVOS' products, it may be impossible to effect an exchange.

Customer will pay all shipping, taxes and duties to and from ANOVOS.
Customer is responsible for all shipping, handling, taxes and duties for the exchange. Customer will be charged the full cost of shipping and handling your exchange from ANOVOS, and it will be billed as a separate invoice.

Note: If the customer's return is within ANOVOS's possession for 90 days, it will be considered abandoned and ANOVOS reserves the right to dispose the item(s) within the return as seen fit. As a result, no refunds of any kind will be given.

Exchanges have a lower priority than other outstanding orders.
ANOVOS will deal with exchanges as business permits. No exceptions

That sounds Pretty Good. :confused

And not to bust your balls, but obviously you are new to Trek costuming.

Fan made runs, and there were only 2 that did them were going for over $ 300.00.

For a Tunic of this Accuracy and quality and for it being Licensed it's cheap.

We get it though Bro this one is just not your cup of tea

And not to bust your balls, but obviously you are new to Trek costuming.

Fan made runs, and there were only 2 that did them were going for over $ 300.00.

For a Tunic of this Accuracy and quality and for it being Licensed it's cheap.

We get it though Bro this one is just not your cup of tea

Was not talking about Accuracy or Quality, In fact I like them as you may read in my previous post.

I was talking about the sizing, And Replacement if incorrect.

Everything I quoted is from Anovos.com

Please if you do not know me do not conclude things about me.
Thank You.
I am out of this Thread.

But, I'm FAR from being new to Star Trek costuming and I'm less than impressed. For the clames and cash being charged here, I expect better.

The insignia is an idealised insignia based partially on a sampling of 3rd season patches, and comercialy made Lincolin Enterprises patches used on 1977 Phase II uniform prototypes, and patches in the collection of Greg Jein. No actual 3rd season insignia looked precisely quite like that. It's placement on the tunic is too high, and too far to the left.

The tunics I've seen thus far are too tight in the upper chest. That's either due to a mesurement issue, a manufacturring issue, a patterning issue, or the fact that Vic's personal prototype IS in fact too tight, but convinced Anovos that it was a good fit prior to manufacture of the full run.

From the uniforms I seen (and this is simply based on observation of some of the particulars of both the tunics and dresses) a choice was made to go with an idealised version (hence also the lighter colors) of these uniforms based MORE on 1977 Star Trek: Phase II uniforms CBS had on hand than with actual 1969 Star Trek uniforms. That's not a replica then from ANY aired episode of STAR TREK, but a costume and for that kind of money I expect that even the people like me who know how a tos uniform should look should be impressed.

Again since you are so nervous about sizing this just does not sound like it's for you.

Anyone who is familiar with these knows you will probably have to get a tailor to fit it to you

Trek TOS Tunics were made to be custom fitted to the wearer that's just the nature of what it is.

Yeah I've been noticing your posts.

It has me wondering what happened as you were very anxious when these first were announced you were their number one fan with all your posts about them.

Have you seen one in person or are you just basing this on what you have seen on the net?

As far as the Insignia I'm there with you on that but hey even the ones on the show varied so not really a big deal on that.

As I just posted you know there can not be a pret a porter TOS Tunic out of the box just ain't gonna happen bro, it's just not the nature of that beast! :lol

But, I'm FAR from being new to Star Trek costuming and I'm less than impressed. For the clames and cash being charged here, I expect better.

The insignia is an idealised insignia based partially on a sampling of 3rd season patches, and comercialy made Lincolin Enterprises patches used on 1977 Phase II uniform prototypes, and patches in the collection of Greg Jein. No actual 3rd season insignia looked precisely quite like that. It's placement on the tunic is too high, and too far to the left.

The tunics I've seen thus far are too tight in the upper chest. That's either due to a mesurement issue, a manufacturring issue, a patterning issue, or the fact that Vic's personal prototype IS in fact too tight, but convinced Anovos that it was a good fit prior to manufacture of the full run.

The samples chosen (and this is simply based on observation of some of the particulars of both the tunics and dresses, is that a choice was made to go with an idealised version of these uniforms based MORE on 1977 Star Trek: Phase II uniforms cbs had on hand than with actual 1969 Star Trek uniforms. That's not a replica then from ANY aired episode of STAR TREK, but acostume and for that kind of money I expect that even the people like me who know how a tos uniform should look should be impressed.

What people were sold is NOT a screen accurate replica but mass produced 1977 Phase II fan uniforms patterned by John Broughton of Farragut Films who's own uniforms were made using Lincolin Enterprises' patterns from James Cawley. Not the 1960's Star Trek uniforms advertised.

...and again have you examined a Anovos Tunic in person?

What people were sold is NOT a screen accurate replica but mass produced 1977 Phase II fan uniforms patterned by John Broughton of Farragut Films who's own uniforms were made using Lincolin Enterprises' patterns from James Cawley. Not the 1960's Star Trek uniforms advertised.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back