ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

And here's the proof... This was available for pre-order late November of 2016.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.47.35 AM.png

Got another email from ANOVOS. Looks like both Snowtrooper & Lt. Oxixo (Vader Wingman) TIE Pilot helmets are finished. Hopefully this means they'll be shipped soon, sometime this fall.

I just got an email from Anovos offering the Kylo fiberglass helmet for an "October wave" delivery. It loosely hints that the rest of the costumes will be shipped. Fingers crossed...

Checked my email and the tie pilot helmet (and wingman) was made available to solo order in december 2014..wow, didn't realize it was that long. At least the belt orders got something as a 'sorry bout that'.

You're always going to get a cheaper price when the product is produced in China with poorly payed labor. I'd rather support the guys at RS Prop Masters (hoping they're making a 'reasonable' wage), hand crafting their helmets in the same way as the originals. ...or I'd rather support the smaller individual artisans like Mac and Bookface, Mark/CFO, SL, VaderMonkey, DCarty, VillainWorks, SuperJedi/Eric, etc - where they're being paid what their worth for an item that is far more accurate.

However, if you're into the Rogue One/TFA, TLJ props, then Anovos is a great choice in terms of accuracy, as they've sourced/digitally scanned the screen used items and have figured out how to produce these pieces quickly, although they're not exactly inexpensive, or what some people would call 'reasonably priced' - which makes me believe Anovos is more than just a costume company. ...just wondering if they pay their labor a reasonable wage for producing the more expensive pieces.

Thankfully I'm not interested in anything beyond the original trilogy helmets - I just don't have the room for all this stuff like Sarge. :D

Original Trilogy Imperials for me only. No Rebels, no Rogue One, No TFA, no Prequel clones etc. :)

Look at how fast the turnaround has been with all the TFA and R1 stuff, as opposed to the Bespin Luke or Han holster or like that. Theoretically the R&D on those latter items should also be minimal, as they've got them right there in the archives to look at up close.
--Jonah

My Force Awakens Han jacket has been delayed several times. And each time absolutely no notification - No e-mail, etc. They treat their customers terrible. Be courteous and confident enough to say you're behind.

FWIW I also have seen my GB Proton Pack delayed numerous times.

Cheers
Steve

Some buyers are posting over at fb that Anovos have cancelled the shoretrooper armour. Apparently there wasn't enough interest. Anyone can cofirm?

Confirmed. The email stated they were going to drop the ST kit to focus on completing their other items. While I think that's a good step in the right direction, I'm bummed the Shoretrooper kit was where they drew the line.

Sean

Hmm. Issues with accuracy pushing Blue Leader helmet from Summer 2017 to Fall.

And coming up on 2 months from the supposed "15 day processing time" for the FO TK armor kit I cancelled. Order cancelled on first try through live chat. Refund is like pulling teeth. Or since pulling a tooth is ultimately a quick process, like amputating a limb with a dull spoon. Lots of effort so far, nothing to show for it.

And coming up on 2 months from the supposed "15 day processing time" for the FO TK armor kit I cancelled. Order cancelled on first try through live chat. Refund is like pulling teeth. Or since pulling a tooth is ultimately a quick process, like amputating a limb with a dull spoon. Lots of effort so far, nothing to show for it.

I wish pulling my tooth was quick... that damn doctor struggled for a hour before it shattered and they had to drill away my jaw bone :(

Lol... Poes helmet is delayed also. Was excited when they announced it and said it would have been delivered during the summer. Used to jump on Anovos pre orders but this sealed the deal as Ill only order if its ready to ship. To much promise and always delayed. Measly 10-15% off on early order aint worth tying up your money for ever. Cancelled the Premier FO helmet as its taking way too long.

I also received the email. I also pre ordered the Poe and Blue Squardron lid. All in all, the delay is ok with me for this 2 helmets (so far). They went up on pre-order for just less than 6 months ago. so far their premier helmets were outstanding work. A slight delay for a better, I am cool with it. If it was delayed like for a year and half to 2 years, then I might be pissed. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Only bummer is the delay of the FO Trooper Premier. I really want to cancel it but really need it for my trooper evolution. Yeah, the plastic one is a good replacement but my rest are all fibreglass. My COD wants me to maintain the uniformity. Haha :p

I got an email back from Anovos that Kylo costume is "scheduled to ship" by the end of Sep. 21st. Hmmm. To say that is is "scheduled" is different than saying it will but my hopes are up. I think they feel to be under added pressure since the costume will soon be changed in upcoming film. We'll see.

I wish pulling my tooth was quick... that damn doctor struggled for a hour before it shattered and they had to drill away my jaw bone :(

Did we go to the same dentist? Bloody wisdom tooth came out in 4 pieces, when it came to do the other side he just cut the damn thing out along with part of my jawbone!

Did we go to the same dentist? Bloody wisdom tooth came out in 4 pieces, when it came to do the other side he just cut the damn thing out along with part of my jawbone!

After what they charge I should have went to school to be a dentist

Not fun huh buddy....

TFA Poe Helmets delayed into Fall as well. I still have the "Blue Squadron" helmet on order, but I am happy the Hasbro helmet is decent, so I can afford to be patient.

Standard Kylo Ren now moved to Winter from Summer. But, given that it is now in "pre-production" they say, how did they arrive at a Summer estimate? Again, keep your customer informed instead of duped, regardless of quality? Hmm? Good idea. Just say "two years" and yes, when you get fewer buyers you will have the time to catch up before expanding.

And now the premiere Kylo has been delayed until winter. I was told to expect a delivery notice today and all I got was a shipping delay. I'm done!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back