ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Do we have a size comparison photo or are people comparing two separate images? I'm trying to compare it to some of Adam Savages' shots and I can't really see the size difference if it's significant.

Is it primarily different around the back of the helmet?

Indeed Jagjaguwar.. they are both gorgeous helmets. I'd be proud to have either in my collection.

Do we have a size comparison photo or are people comparing two separate images? I'm trying to compare it to some of Adam Savages' shots and I can't really see the size difference if it's significant.

Is it primarily different around the back of the helmet?

Posted a few pages back, the Anovos and PS in person side by side. Here are some poorly shot measurements.. the poster claims that in every case the bigger measurement is the Anovos. The length, width, and height are coming up as larger than the Propshop.
IMG_3059.JPGIMG_3060.JPGIMG_3061.JPGIMG_3062.JPGIMG_3063.JPGIMG_3064.JPGIMG_3065.JPGIMG_3066.JPG

Here was his post in the Knights of Ren group.

IMG_3509.JPG

Awesome thanks!

I can see the size increase being for wearability on Anovos' end but we do also know for a fact several helmets were used in the film for various shots. I wonder if one of them was used in shots like the ones where it was dropped or the one slammed into the ashes.

Last edited:
I would like to see some better pictures but from those measurements Anovos is a better deal compared to the now out of business Prop Shop. I can imagine the Prop Shop's value will only increase in time.

I'm not sure how anyone can say which is more accurate based on weight unless they handled the screen used helmets. More weight isn't necessarily better or more accurate.

We don't have any idea what the helmet is supposed to be made of in universe.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Any definitive word from Anovos as to why their helmet is bigger? It would be nice to know why.

If they scaled it up a bit that kind of takes away from the accuracy replications. Clarification would be appreciated @GotMaul, thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Any definitive word from Anovos as to why their helmet is bigger? It would be nice to know why.

If they scaled it up a bit that kind of takes away from the accuracy replications. Clarification would be appreciated @GotMaul, thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I did ask Anovos on the Facebook page if it was scaled up and they said it was.

I complained...

Then they said it wasn't scaled up [emoji6]

Who wants a non accurate size prop-helmet? :facepalm
Well, it's more of a costume piece than a Prop Replica. And the size difference is tiny, if anything.

It's pretty small anyway... if it were slightly smaller I wouldn't have been able to wear it.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have been good for a company with a costume license to make a helmet most people can't wear. Imagine the complaints about that.

Even if the Ren helmet was scaled up, it still looks small compared to the OT and FO stormtrooper helmets. Some of that is because of how the stormtrooper helmets are bigger at the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No, YOUR point was the helmet in the film has more texture. Now you're saying that there "may" be multiple helmets in the film so me asking to show the one you were specifying misses your point? Clearly by that logic, there are multiple helmets so I can't be wrong either. We have a Schrodinger's Kylo? Write a grad paper on that..

Jeez man.. what a joke.. :lol

It's worth mentioning that us going on this tangent has completely avoided the other question my post had which was the size disparity.. was the Anovos helmet scaled up to fit more heads? Is the Propshop too small? Is either the size of the real helmet?

I'm done engaging with you. I don't need to prove points to someone who acts unpleasant for no reason.

Back OT, I have been torn between the FO standard armor or the Deathtrooper helmet. It's tough seeing how well they turned out.

Cosplayers.

To be honest, I was surprised to find out that there were people here who regularly buy costume pieces they can't even wear.

Both kinds make good customers.

Weird that it would surprise you considering for collection display purposes there is no alternative unless you go ABS plastic. And for a lot of stuff if you are doing a life size display it's not like they separate betwee costume and display screen accurate clothing.

I received my standard black Imperial Officer cap today! Despite it being really well done, it also way too big. If anyone would like to trade me out a small or medium for my large, I'd appreciate it. Maybe I could contact Anovos directly to see if they'd be willing to trade out sizes. My measurement falls right below a Large, but this is way too big.

Nothing made me question my Kylo ensemble purchase more than the helmet. I always saw the concept of his helmet as a snuggly fitted mask to hide his face or to strike terror as opposed to a head protecting helmet like Vader or Stormtrooper.
I have a size 8 head. It's impossible to find hats to fit me. The BS Stormtrooper doesnt fit and the Anovos Stormtrooper is tight. The moment of truth came last week when the helmet arrived and I tried it on. It was snug but it fit in the manner I thought it was meant to, close to the head. It may be a tad larger than the PS ( I don't know. I can't do a side by side comparison) but hey, at least it's not the bobble head size helmet they use on the Kylo walk-around character they have at the Disney Parks.
For the overall shilouete of the character, I think the Anovos works just fine.

Last edited:
Nothing made me question my Kylo ensemble purchase than the helmet. I always saw the concept of his helmet as a snuggly fitted mask to hide his face or to strike terror as opposed to a head protecting helmet like Vader or Stormtrooper.
I have a size 8 head. It's impossible to find hats to fit me. The BS Stormtrooper doesnt fit and the Anovos Stormtrooper is tight. The moment of truth came last week when the helmet arrived and I tried it on. It was snug but it fit in the manner I thought it was meant to, close to the head. It may be a tad larger than the PS ( I don't know. I can't do a side by side comparison) but hey, at least it's not the bobble head size helmet they use on the Kylo walk-around character they have at the Disney Parks.
For the overall shilouete of the character, I think the Anovos works just fine.
the helmet is sized perfect... it's very snug.... but I imagine it won't fit some people.

mine is tight at my jaw... but the rubber parts make it comfortable.

it's beautiful!!

You really aren't going to get a better Kylo Helmet than this.

My Kylo lid showed up today. It's my first Anovos piece and really makes me excited to get the FO stormtrooper armor in September. Top notch!

Attachments

• IMG_9783.JPG
    IMG_9783.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_9781.JPG
    IMG_9781.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 110
Since the helmet was printed based on a mold of a specific head it's going to be a bit more snug than ones where they just designed it and then modified in the inside to fit it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back