Anovos EP7 Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

They said in the interview that you can expect the suits to be available for purchase third to early forth quarter this year. The prices will more than likely range between $400-2500 for the suit, and between $350-800 for the helmet I believe.

I am not in the 501st, but I wore one of the suits for about 5 hours during the opening ceremony. The movement IS restricted, due to the design. The arms and legs are sealed with rubber gaskets between the parts and it does not allow for ease of movement. With that being said, we still climbed steep stairs and were able to hold our guns pretty easily.

Don't think you can easily sit.

Can't drop to a knee.

Can't easily remove your own helmet.

This is NOT an ANOVOS issue, but limitations of the costume design. If you were willing to be less true to the original design, a number of these limitations could be overcome.

Lucky dog! Ill take limitations over comfort any day. My TE2 suit is a bear to do anything but stand and walk, but its accurate and thats all that matters. It looks like Anovos is going to get some of my $$ sooner and later this year

I think the shape of the ANOVOS helmet looks a lot thinner and less menacing than the screen used helmets.

I'm guessing the screen used suits are the ones on display with the other costumes, comparing photos of the two they look like they're built on completely different planes, and the narrower look of the ANOVOS helmet makes it look a little odd.

The folks at the booth told me that they are going to have them available for order by Christmas. They didn't specify if that would be pre order. This suit rocks in person.

An easy comparison between ANOVOS replica and screen used one (helmet) quickly made:

ZQ1HFH7.jpg

An easy comparison between ANOVOS replica and screen used one (helmet) quickly made:

View attachment 466472

Close enough fo government work. To really get into the dirty we would have to have a side my side comparison from the same angles etc.

Funny how it took decades for a close Stormtrooper. Episode VII has not even been released yet and Anovos has a fantastic suit. I guess it helps to have studio reference materials at your fingertips. Im sure it will be a home run.....as its rounding third now! Great job and great pics of the little details that havent been seen until now.

The (very friendly) woman at the Anovos booth said that they would start taking pre-order a month or two before the movie comes out (basically as early as Lucasfilm will let them). No indication of when the helmets would actually ship. There will be two version of the helmets, a deluxe fiberglass version with full lining estimated to cost between $600 and $800 and a molded ABS version, also with lining for $200 to $400.

I wouldn't mind getting at least the helmet. I'll never fit the actual armor anyways.

I've been seeing those with these suits at c7, the biggest thing is that it looks "off" for more skinny people to wear it (mostly the smaller women we've seen wearing it), so perhaps this armor is more inclined to fit a stockier individual

I absolutely love the new suit, through and through. Though, I have to say, although I love the bucket to death I personally think a McQuarrie helmet would've been a cool transition too. like this:

It's got a little dip by the eyes that makes it look mean but the overall look is a change just not as drastic. Still ove the new stuff though! :D:love
-Gav

Yeah, before the look of the new troopers leaked, I was halfway expecting them to look a good bit like that! Although personally, I think it would've been even more of a hoot if the clones in the PT had looked like that. Would make the OT troopers seem a little more streamlined and refined by comparison to what I consider the more "raw" look of McQuarrie's concept. To me, that would've made sense.

I was on the fence about the new armor, until I saw them at Celebration this weekend. I really like the new armor. Looks a lot more like a stormtrooper than the prequel stuff. Only parts I don't like, and this has nothing to do with Anovos, are the little but plate and the spats, otherwise it looks cool.

Screen used on the left and Anovos on the right.

Anovos replica seems to be a one piece cast where screen used appears to be an assembly of separate parts.

I could be wrong (I only judge on pictures).

I talked to several guys wearing the new armor at the show. They all said that wearing the rubber gaskets between the armor pieces really restricted movement. A few of them had ditched the gaskets and just worn a standard TK lycra suit with some custom made cloth pieces to replace the gaskets, which made the armor much more comfortable and wearable.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back