Anovos EP7 Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Anovos has already done the armor,a bunch of 501st members were given the chance to be the first to order it. There are a bunch walking around Celebration :)
may have been said here already but the helmet is 1/4" fiberglass ...was the armor probably ABS since the 501st members that got them by NDA before the show had to finish it?

My true love for the old "crappy" armors and suits will never die. These are quite nice, a bit too much like TRON suits or the new Total Recall robots though. But I guess everything will connect with how good the new movie(s) will be in the end.

may have been said here already but the helmet is 1/4" fiberglass ...was the armor probably ABS since the 501st members that got them by NDA before the show had to finish it?

Correct, the armor is ABS pulled in sheets. Then they picked up the helmets at the Anovos booth. My understanding is that the fiberglass helmets are a limited run and subsequent helmets will be injection molded plastic.

Last edited:
Can't find the words. Too barrel chested and not a fan of the round domes. Not very form fitting and sexy like an original TK.

I put these in the Storm Trooper thread, but I'll put them here too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 326
For those lucky few 501st guys.....How is the movement? A proper TK is ok to walk around in, but thats it. Can you drop a knee or sit?

I'd say they did a great job from what I've seen. I fully expected them to reveal they made the armor for the movie but I suppose that isn't the case.

Overall, I like it. The only thing I don't particularly care for are the funky spats/cuffs on the boot tops.

They aren't. Much to my annoyance. If those were available now for the Early Bird pricing of $350 for a finished helmet plus armor kit, oh HELL yeah I'd be all over that. *sigh*

--Jonah

How much do you want to bet that EpVII Stromtrooper Armor will be available in the 10 to 12 months.

Thats "IF" Anovos built the armor unveiled at celebration. All they have to do is figure out the offer, brace for a flood of orders, and ramp up production. Of course they will probably ship the old school TK before offering the EpVII stuff.

This is based completely off of a feeling I have.

I really like the new suit. I nod to the Asymmetrical knees would have been cool. Overall though it seems like a reasonable design departure for 30 years. It falls prey to a bit of the modern "make it look super smoooooth" design but i think it's tasteful. I WANT ONE O__O

I'm going to buy one and then burn it:sick It looks terrible and 'motorbike' helmet is the worst part....yuck

yeah... OK. You go ahead and buy one and burn it. You have fun doing that.

Not liking it is one thing... but to go way out of your way to try to make your point by stating that you're going to do something that you're clearly not going to do is just childish.

For those lucky few 501st guys.....How is the movement? A proper TK is ok to walk around in, but thats it. Can you drop a knee or sit?

I am not in the 501st, but I wore one of the suits for about 5 hours during the opening ceremony. The movement IS restricted, due to the design. The arms and legs are sealed with rubber gaskets between the parts and it does not allow for ease of movement. With that being said, we still climbed steep stairs and were able to hold our guns pretty easily.

Don't think you can easily sit.

Can't drop to a knee.

Can't easily remove your own helmet.

This is NOT an ANOVOS issue, but limitations of the costume design. If you were willing to be less true to the original design, a number of these limitations could be overcome.

How much do you want to bet that EpVII Stromtrooper Armor will be available in the 10 to 12 months.

Thats "IF" Anovos built the armor unveiled at celebration. All they have to do is figure out the offer, brace for a flood of orders, and ramp up production. Of course they will probably ship the old school TK before offering the EpVII stuff.

This is based completely off of a feeling I have.

Can't comment on availability except to say they will be up for preorder when they are up... :( Don't mean to be vague, but it is what it is.

Can confirm ANOVOS did produce all of the suits seen at C7. They produced and built the 10 seen on stage (I was #7) and produced about 75 kits that 501st members built and wore at the show.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back