Another Zvezda Star Destroyer

hey everyone

Dusting this one off to show that I have actually started back on this yet again.
Have begun the fun task of detailing the side walls, starting off with the front. This is pretty much where I left off in the last update but I am now more advanced along. Although it may not look it, a heap of small details have been added to the lips of the 2 hull halves. Whilst they don't look like much on their own, when you add the rest of it together, it fills the spaces nicely.

I'm almost done for the front with only the right side front panel left to do which won't take long. Then naturally I'll make my way down the sides. I also have to add details to the under sides of the top half of the ship which I missed the first time round. I thought i was done detailing the top bit but alas, no

Enough words, here's some pics:

51110960111_519731e185_b.jpg

51110393567_5cc0023104_b.jpg

51111737805_7d9320b4fc_b.jpg

51110393652_f1be35d533_b.jpg

51110959986_bcf21402fe_b.jpg

51110393462_1bbbd8f52f_b.jpg

51111738650_5c5d6708f4_b.jpg

I'm often asked for a size reference.Maybe this may help:

51110961316_91f524b520_b.jpg

Anyway, that's all I have for now but I'll update once I'm fully finished the trenches.

Thanks for stopping by and for those who are actually still following this - you get an extra thanks for your enduring patience with me while I fumble my way through this

Till next time!

Si

Wow...the amount of detailing is out of the worldo_Oo_O (y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy: As for the "Finger Scale"...difficult to gage since fingers have different sizes and scales. That's why, here on the RPF, we're going with the "Coke Can Scale"; more accurate:p:D;)

The detailing is fantastic here. Wow, I have this kit and comparing the size relationship and location of your details most of this is teeny tiny stuff. Are those girder sections scratch built or clipped from something like photo etch?

thanks for the kind posts guys!
The girder sections are from the Greenstrawberry PE set for the hangar bay.Seeing as I didn't use them for the intended purpose, I thought they could be better used elsewhere

thanks for the kind posts guys!
The girder sections are from the Greenstrawberry PE set for the hangar bay.Seeing as I didn't use them for the intended purpose, I thought they could be better used elsewhere
Ah, that would make sense. And a very good use they have been put to! (y):cool:

Terrific work...., please tell me you’re wearing some type of magnifying eyewear, cause that amount of detailing is incredible !

Thankyou, but no I don't have eyewear like that. I tried some out a couple of times at club night but I didn't like them: Bulky and to strong.
I do have a magnifying lamp that the wife bought for me a long time ago but haven't used it yet. I am fortunate enough to still be able to rely on the ol' mark 1 eyeballs but for how much longer is anyone's guess. I'll be coming on 50 in a couple of years so I dare say it won't be too long tilll I'll need assistance in that area. I just hope by then that headwear gets less bulky!

AMAZING work sir!!! :love::love::love: i have one i havent started yet, but the bar has been set. :oops:
Thanks for the kind post mate! Unless your up for a longterm build and have a lot of patience I would advise against doing this much detailing :)
Looking back on it, there are a couple of areas I could've been a bit more restrained but I will say this though, it has been rewarding in terms of personal achievements for me.
I've seen some great builds of this without the stuff all over it using just lights and some seriously awesome paint work.
I hope we get to see yours one day! Can never get enough SD builds.

Thanks mate. So, what's happening with your SD? Haven't seen an update for ages. Are you still working on it or did you take a much needed break?
Life has been an obstacle to spending adequate time towards completing it. On those occasions when I can spend time - I am at the airbrushing stage for hull plating. Masking the aztec patterns based on what I can discern from the ILM model has been tedious, but rewarding when I get it painted and yank up the tape to see the finished patterns. Top hull is done with the aztec paneling. Working on the bottom half as you can see. I still have yet to draw the panel lines for both the top and bottom, affix the engine bells and conning tower and seal the top and bottom hulls together. Lighting is done. The fiber is done. So I do see the light at the end of the long, long tunnel of this build. I am almost afraid to have it completed given how long I have slaved on this.

Maskingpanels4.jpgMaskingpanels5.jpgMaskingpanels3.jpgMaskingpanels2.jpgMaskingpanels.jpg

Holy ****! I have so much more to look forward to I see
I'm going to put this out there to all who make decals: can we have a decal sheet for the SD like there is for an Enterprise kit? I will happily buy one..... I don't want to mask myself
Dude, that is looking amazing!!!!!!! So glad I asked for an update. I know what you mean about finishing it but me personally, I have plenty more projects to do yet.

Last edited:
thank you :) I'm just happy you've read more than this one

So, I finally got round to finishing off the spot lights up front and thought I'd do a dry fit /light test, and thought I would share my happy results

Yes, I probably should have gone with cool white, but I prefer the look of the warmer white.

51126104735_a9a80edea9_b.jpg

51125203993_cd35e955f5_b.jpg

51126104805_f801e7774f_b.jpg

51126104640_78fd23db5f_b.jpg

Well, that's it but feel free to share your thoughts - good or bad.

As always, thanks for looking

Si

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back