Another Zvezda Star Destroyer

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

INVAR

Sr Member
yes, that is something I have thought about. I'm going to add a spatter of white lights around the walls which should help break it up a bit
My trench floods are warm white like yours, but the hangar bays and the 'trench bays' I added are in cool white/bluish light. Adding red LEDS for fiber also helps break up the warm white fiber monotony of those thousands upon thousands of window holes throughout the ship.

Guns Akimbo

Thanks mate! How's your one coming along? Havent seen an update from you in a while either

Heh. Mine still lives partially-built in its box. In the closet. Behind a stack of newer kits that I have bought since. :lol:

I'd really like to get back into it...some of my basic building & finishing skills have improved since I started. I guess what I've really been holding out for was for someone to offer up some printed parts on Shapeways, that would finally correct that wonky bridge angle. I even attempted to scratch up a command tower from styrene, but didn't ever finish it, and couldn't afford a resin printer at the time.

Soon, though...

Madhatter

Well mate, I do hope to see more when you find the energy to go back to it. I know how it goes as I've had plenty of breaks on mine too.
I'm hoping that some decal maker will produce some SD panels like they do with the Enterprise and so on but it's unlikely to be seen in my build time unless I do it myself and I have zero graphic design skills - so that's not going to happen. I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way of masking and painting by hand! Yay.

Madhatter

Hi everyone

Thought I would update this while I have some spare time.

Work continues on the sidewalls with only one wall left on the starboard side and only 2.5 left to do on the other

I am pretty happy with how its coming along.

51155334899_c89c13a376_b.jpg

51154552266_54b68cbe53_b.jpg

51153881577_03838e27fd_b.jpg

51154551951_1111276ec9_b.jpg

51154783843_96ac7d43b5_b.jpg

51155335139_50b4ba728f_b.jpg

51155335194_044c1ecaf5_b.jpg

I haven't quite finished the one above but I'm pretty much there

I'll post another update when I have finished the whole side

thanks as always for looking

Si

Madhatter

I had the top on briefly tonight whilst I was marking out where the next load of floodlights were going to go and I added the roof etc just to see how its looking. I am really happy with how it's looking! (just do what I do and look past the current gaps
default_biggrin.png
)

51154361732_0c3b17241e_b.jpg

51155816534_fecc84d731_b.jpg

51155816609_275773e69f_b.jpg

I thought it's looking pretty frickin' cool myself. I just took those 3 pics just then as I thought it looked good enough to share. Never mind the extraordinary orange wall behind. I try to forget it myself

thanks again

Si

INVAR

Sr Member
Ahhhhhh memories.... I actually almost miss those Greeblie Days that dragged on for months and months and months and months. Of course scouring the internet to find close up shots from the ILM ESB 8 footer and attempting to mimic all the detail was either stupid or brilliant depending on how it ends up turning out after the painting and final assembly. Just wait until you get a couple coats of misted primer on that. You end up staring at all the detail saying to yourself - "that's pretty darn cool".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.