(Another) Scratch-build FoA Atlantean Medallion

Protoss

Not an invention, but I'd like to share my latest Project: Sophia Hapgood's Atlantean Medallion

First I cut the layers from ABS-sheets of different thickness with the help of several 1:1 templates.

FoAMed1.JPG

The parts were glued and sanded into shape.

FoAMed2.JPG

A small neodymium-magnet was placed within the center-piece.

FoAMed3.JPG

The face after spray-puttying and additional trimming.

FoAMed4.JPG

The glued centerpieces with a small scrape just over the magnet

FoAMed5.JPG

A bent piece from a brass-rod as grommet was added to the medallion. Wasn't that easy as the many scrap-parts prove ;)

FoAMed6.JPG

After having a look at the medallion at the back of the FoA-box, I just noticed a strip on the back was missing.

FoAMed7.JPG

The helix on the front is made of florist wire. After numerous attempts I managed to get an accurate shape.

FoAMed8.JPG

After priming and first paintjob.

FoAMed10.JPG

The finished and weathered Medallion with the "Orichalcum" beads and an amber fish (yes I know, the fish is pointing the wrong direction :lol )

FoAMed12.JPG

Within the beads are metal-pins, so you may place them on the mouth and the built-in magnet will hold them in place.
Now only the chain is missing!

FoAMed13.JPG

I hope you like it! Feedback appreciated!

Last edited:
That's cute. I'm probably not the best person to be commenting here because I have no idea what FoA might be? That said; unless it is screen-accurate as it is I'd go heavier with the weathering - I'm just a big believer that you cannot have too much verdigris. :)

Thanks for your feedback. It's from the adventure-game Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (FoA) from 1992.
It's supposed to be jewelry, so I guess more verdigris isn't desired ;)

Hello there! I think that prop looks amazing! And the magnet detail is one of a kind! Great work! Now you should try the "angry" version one haha... Best regards!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back