Another Indiana Jones Build

Egon

Sr Member
Normally, I wouldn't post a well covered costume, but I am pretty proud of this build so far.

Reason being, I made a lot of it myself.

I started with doing the leather portions (belt, whip holster, holster) as I make quite a few Solo belts. At the time I made the holster pattern, I was eyeballing the shape and size as I had yet to get a SW M1917 casting. Amazingly I was spot on once I got a decent casting with the correct barrel length.

my bread and butter is sewing, and I tackled the shirt first. I have a wested, Azuma, and WPG - all of which are great, but I wanted my collar to have a bit more of a curve to it.

I moved to the trousers. I have the WPG lightweight set and they are very comfortable, but I wanted a bit more body to them - and the more curved scallops on the rear pockets. It seemed like the heavier wool and design would feel a bit more period correct too to reflect the Pinks style design, but with the pleats. The pattern was based on my regular trouser sloper, but I modified them to have a lower crotch, higher waist, military hem, and went with a zipper fly to make things easier.

Next was the hat! This is the 4th hat I have made, and it is my "Cairo" hat. I had the block made to my specs in Poland, and the rabbit felt was from Greece. This one is lined - though the Raiders ones werent. Learning millinery was a really great experience. The bash on this hat I am particularly happy with.

8BAAA50F-7D3A-48F8-B0F3-CC89A0F43D30.jpeg
5994FC93-5C5F-478A-A1E1-F7A5BE1716DF.jpeg

Looking good!

Some feedback for your consideration if you really want to get nuts with it:
  1. Indy's trousers use a military style hem at the bottom, so there is ~4-5" of hemmed material at the cuff of the pants
  2. The pants are also a more loose fit, so I'd suggest a slightly wider leg to create that look

Here's a pic that may help:
khakis_indiana-jones.jpg

Sean

IMO, trousers are perfect. So many others are too baggy. I had my Noel Howards altered so they'd be proper baggy and not like trash bags.
Excellent gear, sir. Your skills are impressive.

Looking good!

Some feedback for your consideration if you really want to get nuts with it:
  1. Indy's trousers use a military style hem at the bottom, so there is ~4-5" of hemmed material at the cuff of the pants
  2. The pants are also a more loose fit, so I'd suggest a slightly wider leg to create that look

Here's a pic that may help:
View attachment 1481024

Sean
Thanks!

I did do a military hem on this set. My older domestic machine (janome hd3000) has a blind stitch that is really adjustable, if not very confusing to use hah.

in terms of the width, I definitely slimmed them for a bit of comfort. But I tried to keep them more straight to allow for a decent billow in the break on them.

The Raiders trousers in particular look VERY wide to me, which my WPG satisfy. I'm 5'11" but a lot wider than Harrison Ford - especially then, so I wanted to elongate the look a bit. I do this with my Solo look too by having my boots slightly cropped to help elongate the visual a bit.
A929AD37-635D-4BF4-8EB8-7154FBC3E7A4.jpeg
5C12DDC4-DD0E-4538-9C8E-DA3AC8DE90F3.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back