Another Hasbro Falcon......

Thundergod

I'm a new member and although I've been " observing " for a while , this is my first posting . I've been following the threads on the new Hasbro "Hero Collection" Falcon as I recently picked one up and am definately in the market for any hints , tips and general assistance ! I've not done any serious mods yet , apart from removing the landing gear and turbo lasers from the underside , but have started to experiment with paint . To be honest , there were details I wanted to modify before I started to paint , but once I started , I just got carried away ! I primed the beast with a Plasticote Super Primer and used another Plasticote ( Satin Porceline ) for my basecoat . As the paint failed the "masking tape test ", I've been adding the different coloured panels by hand and am using pastel chalks ( dry and as washes ) for the weathering and damage . It's still early days ( I see this being a long term project !) but I'm quite happy with how things are moving along . My next step will be to start work on the cockpit .

That's looking really good.

The only comment I would have is that the grey panels might be slightly dark and that its not necessary to laboriously weather each panel seam.

That said, it would be remiss of me not to commend you on the restraint you have shown to the overall grime weathering. This is often where folk go very wrong in their heavy handedness but yours is very understated indeed.

Thanks Kramstarr , to be honest I haven't actually been that laborious with the panel lines , it's just ended up looking that way ! I used a pastel chalk "sludge wash" on the panel lines in just one pass and then when dry , wiped it away . I was just experimenting with the best way of dealing with the lines and more by luck than judgement , it ended up looking quite good . There are a couple of streaks of weathering that are the results of Tamiya Weathering Master , but again , this is just me practicing for the final weathering stage . I know what you mean about the darker grey panels , at the moment the contrast between them and the base colour is too great , but what I plan on doing is toning them down with another pastel wash of grey(s) . My intention with this project is to practice using pastels in washes and filters , rather than just as a weathering medium . The main reason for this is that I'm currently without a compressor to use my airbrush(es) and so I'm having to work around this . The whole build so far , has been a little dis-organised , I originally hadn't planned starting work on the Falcon until I had a more solid plan on how to proceed , but having that BIG box sat looking at me was TOO big a temptation !

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back