ANOTHER Evil Dead Chainsaw Build... Groovy! Finished Pix Up!

Re: ANOTHER Evil Dead Chainsaw Build... Groovy!

Thanks, guys!! Brian, I hear you, buddy! It's easy to "dig into" a saw that's pretty thrashed already, I would be the same way with a brand new one... It too nice to chop up! ;)

I'm really looking forward to getting this finished up! I'll be starting the weathering this week.

Thanks again!!
-B89!

Looks Awesome! I just finished my own not too long ago, I find it easier to get my hand in if i hold the saw wooden handle down with my palm up. Can't wait to see it dirty!

That is a thing of beauty!

Weathering makes me a nervous wreck.

Thanks again! Yeah, I was hoping to get to weathering this week but alas... I'm hoping to get to it next week for sure!

-B89!

Wohoo!! Finished up the chainsaw and a little extra bonus... FINALLY!! I'll be posting pics this evening!

B89!

As I said, I finally got the ED chainsaw finished up! I went for that "wet, caked up spatter look". The technique I used makes sure it has a permanent wet look. I mixed in a little sawdust during the weathering process to add "texture". I also did a quick build up of a base. I'll be adding blood spatters to the base along with a plexiglass cover.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for sticking with me through the build!
-B89!

That looks REALLY good. I'm curious to know - how did you dull the metal parts? Was it all painted or was some of it a kind chemical finish?

Nailed it buddy, excellent job! I've always been partial to the 'freshly chopped up deadite' look myself. I love the display idea. I built a workbench similar to the one in the movie to hang mine on, complete with a few other props I've done. Sadly, I don't really have room for it in the house, so it's mainly just the way I display the saws I sell at my booth at different conventions around the area.

Brian

Brilliant work, fancy doing mine? Lol mines been sat there for over a year and I doubt I have the skills to do it lol. But well done with this it looks epic.

Last edited:
That's gorgeous! Your weathering is really, really intuitive. The deadite splatter looks right where it should be, if you were mowing them down by the legions. If I were you, I'd spend a couple days just wearing it around the house, and admiring my own handy work.

Thank you all for the kind words!! This was indeed and really fun build!! Regarding dulling the metal parts, nothing special really. Most of the metal parts had a "satin" brushed finish already and with the paints I used to weather it, that knocked the shiny back a bit more.

I'm planning to finish up the display tonight and will post final pics then.

Thanks again!!
-B89!

This marks the finish line for this build!... Added the "gore" to the base... I'm getting a plexi cover made and will probably weather the wood a little more but this is pretty much DONE! ;)
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Thanks for following!
-B89!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back