Announcing a Millennium Falcon Notes page

3Dsf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've put together a website on the topic of the Millennium Falcon, from the point of view of a model maker, which may be of interest:

https://sites.google.com/site/millenniumfalconnotes/

It's not got much particularly new - it's a sort of synthesis of a lot of information out there. But hopefully it covers most of the basic stuff that comes up.

In particular, I have some comments and observations on the Bandai 1:144 Falcon. And I'm also looking for assistance on confirming some questions about the Falcon's exterior lighting.

Thanks!

Thanks! Yes, that's the idea - collate all that information for people starting out. Or following up decades later like me.

Though if you knew 99% of the material, what was the 1% you didn't know? :)

Perhaps that the Falcon was a "pirate" spacecraft - ha!

;^P

Thanks for doing this, NKG!

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. Just an update: the page has been renamed, has its own domain name, and is packed with more information. Stuff on the 2001 EVA pod, R2-D2, model lighting, how injection moulding works, and more. Woohoo!

Cool additional updates added to an already info-packed site nkg .
One which was frequently visited during my Deago MF build ;) !
Can never have too much information on brilliant behind the scenes and ‘how to’ stuff, when it comes to classic ‘models’!.
Many thanks !

Ged

I just want to pipe up and say thank you for putting all of that info together into one spot. I referenced these pages continually (particularly the "lighting" section) for my PG Falcon build.

Thanks again!

SB

Thanks for collecting all of this in one place. Are you not going to include the latest Hasbro MF, it's pretty popular with model builders and there are lots of mods available to correct parts for it.

Also, I own one of the landing gear feet from the 5ft filming model. It's production made and painted, but not used on screen because it was a back up in case the feet on the model broke.

Are you not going to include the latest Hasbro MF, it's pretty popular with model builders and there are lots of mods available to correct parts for it.

Glad you like the page! :) What do you mean by "include", though? I don't own the Hasbro Falcon, and thus can't really review it.

Well. Built or acquired! I'm happy to review whatever people want to send, but that hasn't been an issue up to this point.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I am a bit OCD when it comes to notes.
I don't have to reference it as much now that I've been into this hobby a while, but when I first started building kits I compiled binders with names like Painting, Weathering, Clear Coats, Putty/Seam Filling etc. Whenever I would find a particularly good article I'd print it and add it to the binder that the article was pertinent to.

I originally had a binder for Star Wars ships and the Falcon quickly got it's own binder which was soon abandoned due to the abundance of info out there.

This will be a much appreciated reference source.

Thanks a million for those incredible useful info Neil! (check you msg in your in box;)...concerning the EVA Pod)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back