.'. Animatronic AVP Cannon video.

SithLord66

.'. I ;) had to go ahead and show off my automated AVP cannon I've been working on. I stayed up late the other night working on this (yea I'm a night owl ;) ) before I new it the sun was coming up. lol I will be attaching it to my back pack armor. I placed the skulls around it for the video so it wouldnt fall over as its not attached to anything yet. The arm was made by Keith "Keefer" and the cannon was skulped by "Shaitan" and molded by Pirk. I purchased it from another lair member who had purchased it from "Dangerdavey". I installed the led's ( Keith "Keefer" gave me the idea) of using the reflective end of a flash light to make it glow (light up) more. I then placed a servo inside the cannon and attached it to the arm which is controlled by a remote. It is a little jerky (have to work on that) for now depending on the operator. :p Anyway behold my AVP plasma cannon. .'. (click the link to see video)~~~>automated AVP plasma cannon video

AvP_cannon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding any element of animatronics lifts a prop to another level. Sure it's a bit jerky but no doubt you'll get it smoothed out. Should look the business when it's attached to it's shoulder housing. Nice work.

dude....thats awesome!!!! alittle jerky but hey that freakin cool!!! not to change the subject but where did you get those skulls?? the one far right is cool. i need one!!!

dude....thats awesome!!!! alittle jerky but hey that freakin cool!!! not to change the subject but where did you get those skulls?? the one far right is cool. i need one!!!
Thanks, as for the skulls I would like to say they where from a hunt on a distant planet, lol. But in reality I ordered them from two different company's on ebay. I believe the human skulls where two in a box and the one on the far right is a vampire skull.

Adding any element of animatronics lifts a prop to another level. Sure it's a bit jerky but no doubt you'll get it smoothed out. Should look the business when it's attached to it's shoulder housing. Nice work.
Yes it does take it to the next level doesnt it? I just need to trim it out a little more with the trim setting on the remote.

Sweet we need to see more animatronic cannons its one of THOSE final touches that shows youve gone the extra mileon a suit ;)

Sorry. but i have to mention the cannon was actually sculpted by SHAITAN , another member here who sent the cannon to Pirk who added a couple of small detail peices then moulded it for Shaitan, Hate to see Gary ( Shaitan ) not getting the kudos for such awesome AVP cannons. ( he made both the static AVP and the UBER AVP cannons. )

:p

Sweet we need to see more animatronic cannons its one of THOSE final touches that shows youve gone the extra mileon a suit ;)

Sorry. but i have to mention the cannon was actually sculpted by SHAITAN , another member here who sent the cannon to Pirk who added a couple of small detail peices then moulded it for Shaitan, Hate to see Gary ( Shaitan ) not getting the kudos for such awesome AVP cannons. ( he made both the static AVP and the UBER AVP cannons. )

:p
Cool, thanks for the info too. I didnt know all the history myself other than I purchased the AVP cannon from "sixsinsfor66" who got it from "Dangerdavey". Now I am the proud owner and I put my on touch to it. But now I'm a little confused I've heard some say they have a Pirk cannon. I just want to be sure when people ask what I should say? Pirk/Shaitan. I guess sculpted by Shaitan and molded by Pirk would be right then. And the electronics by Marvel Zombie, lol.

Looks sweet! Thx Usurper. It is nice to see someone still remembers me and the 2 AVP cannons I sculpted. Much appreciated. I don`t hang here as much, but still pop in time to time.

Looks sweet! Thx Usurper. It is nice to see someone still remembers me and the 2 AVP cannons I sculpted. Much appreciated. I don`t hang here as much, but still pop in time to time.
Hey Shai`tan thanks for your comments. I should be telling you it looks sweet since your the one who sculpted it. You need to get back into sculpting your a true artist. Maybe the new Predator movie thats coming out next summer (2010) will spark up that passion again. ;) I'm proud to own this. Do you know how many where made?

Maybe I am wrong, but didn't the cannon in the first movie jerk like that too? Seems like I remember it being jerky.

Either way, it looks awesome!

--Josh

Nice. Looking forward to seeing it mounted on a pack. Are you able to control while suited up, or does it require a second operator? And are you planning to add a second servo for up/down motion? Either way, nice job!

Charlie

Very cool.

Are you using a micro servo, or a standard size? Some micros have nice torque. Have you thought about using a photo strobe for the light source? (This is how I want to build mine, still looking for uber cannon though). You could use a blue (light) filter, then the photo strobe. As far as a batter/power source, that could go into the shoulder pack. If you used a LithoPolly battery, you could get a long life and a nice cyclic rate. I was planing on using somewhere around a 2,400 mil amp battery for my setup.

Just a thought though,

Again, very cool on the cannon.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing it mounted on a pack. Are you able to control while suited up, or does it require a second operator? And are you planning to add a second servo for up/down motion? Either way, nice job!

Charlie
Mounted and ready to hunt, lol. Its remote controled and I'll be letting my "helper" operate it for me. Its always good to have someone with you to help out anyway i.e. crowd control, take photos,work video recorder , and to be your water boy too, lol. yes, I plan on adding a second servo for up/down motion too. I already have it on hand and the receiver is sloted to take two more. Do to time restraints of finishing suit for Halloween I only had time to install the one servo for now.
thanks

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back