ANH Solo Gloves

Any updates??? Its been another 3 months now.....
Going on 2 and a half years now for this run..... 10/25/03

LMK whats going on please

thanks
dan

Honestly, just a quick "nothing new to report" would 'almost' suffice. I'm also wondering if those requesting a refund have been dealt with yet? I am loath to even consider the next step in that process...Perhaps someone (ie: Funky_Jedi) who knows him well could at least chime in on his behalf?

Some of us have been trying to get our deposit refunded for the past year.

What a big load of bollocks. A disgrace to the RPF.

<div class='quotetop'>(NEKROFANATIC @ May 17 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]1245658[/snapback]</div>
Honestly, just a quick "nothing new to report" would 'almost' suffice. I'm also wondering if those requesting a refund have been dealt with yet? I am loath to even consider the next step in that process...Perhaps someone (ie: Funky_Jedi) who knows him well could at least chime in on his behalf?
[/b]

For what it's worth (not much) this has become a VERY sensitive subject with Russ. He's asked me to not get involved as this is his problem, not mine. As far as a progress report, I honestly don't know what's going on as he won't even discuss it with me. :(

What's so sensitive about making a paypal payment or refund?

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ May 17 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]1245815[/snapback]</div>
For what it's worth (not much) this has become a VERY sensitive subject with Russ. He's asked me to not get involved as this is his problem, not mine. As far as a progress report, I honestly don't know what's going on as he won't even discuss it with me. :(
[/b]

O.K., I'll officially come out and say, even though I've been one of Russ' steadfast supporters and proud owner of a pair of gloves from the original run, this has gone on too damn long.

Russ - I'm one of the guys who have supported you and vouched for you the *entire* time this has been going on - I personally don't CARE if you're 'sensitive' about it - MY WORD and MY NAME is on the line here as a (former?) SUPPORTER of yours.

These people deserve an explanation/a refund/whatever the Hell it is they want - this has gone on too fargin' long and something needs to be done. DO IT.

<div class='quotetop'>(LZeitgeist @ May 17 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1245948[/snapback]</div>
O.K., I'll officially come out and say, even though I've been one of Russ' steadfast supporters and proud owner of a pair of gloves from the original run, this has gone on too damn long.

Russ - I'm one of the guys who have supported you and vouched for you the *entire* time this has been going on - I personally don't CARE if you're 'sensitive' about it - MY WORD and MY NAME is on the line here as a (former?) SUPPORTER of yours.

These people deserve an explanation/a refund/whatever the Hell it is they want - this has gone on too fargin' long and something needs to be done. DO IT.
[/b]

well said

Dave

I'm all for having to supply contact info when registering on the RPF. There will be many less situations like this when people know that their address and phone number will be handed over if they screw a member in a deal.

-Jediwannabe

<div class='quotetop'>(Jediwannabe @ May 18 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]1246487[/snapback]</div>
I'm all for having to supply contact info when registering on the RPF. There will be many less situations like this when people know that their address and phone number will be handed over if they screw a member in a deal.

-Jediwannabe
[/b]

I don't think for registration it is necessary, but should be if using the Junkyard.

2 cents Steve

I have about given up myself and asked the mods to look over this thread......hopefully they can help out here like they have in other threads

Dave

<div class='quotetop'></div>
There will be many less situations like this when people know that their address and phone number will be handed over if they screw a member in a deal.[/b]

And the minute someone took matters into the real world, the person(s) (the staff here) who exchanged or provided this information would be liable... Not a good idea...

<div class='quotetop'>(exoray @ Jul 6 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1275487[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
There will be many less situations like this when people know that their address and phone number will be handed over if they screw a member in a deal.[/b]

And the minute someone took matters into the real world, the person(s) (the staff here) who exchanged or provided this information would be liable... Not a good idea...
[/b][/quote]

Exoray hit the nail on the head.

That's why we require diddly to register here.

What exoray was nice enough not to say but probably thought is...
What the heck is anyone doing sending money to someone else they met through the internet and not taking the precaution to SECURE EVEN A NAME much less address and phone number?

One of the reasons we started the Junkyard was to seperate out sales and interest type threads. These are the posts that have the highest probability of impacting members in the real world in many ways. It is why we are insistent about interest threads being placed there as well as any sales threads. We want members to clearly understand that any risk they take in involving themselves in a JY transaction is theirs. That is one main reasons why the staff do not arbitrate transactions here. We can monitor the threads and observe any progress or lack of it. We can contact members by message or email to make sure they are fully aware there is a problem and that their RPF reputation is at risk. When a member disrespects another member by not completing transactions satisfactorily, the staff can restrict his access to the JY or ban him from the forum entirely. That's it.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ Jul 7 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]1276348[/snapback]</div>
What exoray was nice enough not to say but probably thought is...
What the heck is anyone doing sending money to someone else they met through the internet and not taking the precaution to SECURE EVEN A NAME much less address and phone number?[/b]

Yeah that to, I'm in this boat as well as I put a deposit on the Gloves and also feel a let down over the whole situation...

But, in the back of my mind I feel that Russ will come though, and is probably just as fed up as us, although that is no excuse to not stop by and at least say "the manufacture is still dragging their feet"

I also distinctly remember Russ bitching about all the issues surrounding the first run and made it clear that their would only be up update when there was updates, again not an excuse for the total lack of communication and refunds but also something to chew on as he suspected that complications were going to probably be a reality... So this is the main hope that I still hold onto...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back