ANH Solo Gloves

I forgot about the project, lol. Since the project started and I sent my deposit, an ex of mine got pregnant, had the kid and now the kid is talking.

I too have a set of the first run gloves and wanted to get a 2nd new and improved set but, yeah, kinda sad time frame.

What's it been, 3 years for this project? Is that an RPF record? I'm still without gloves and less the money sent to Russ.

FWIW, I just disabled DangeRuss66's Junkyard access, and once the staff discusses it we'll probably ban him.

Not that it would make any difference. He hasn't logged in since September 2006 and hasn't posted since that February. :(

Funny how this particular thread does not stir up people like the QMX threads do.

Yet clearly money has been taken, NO product delivered.

Where are the prop police now?

Funny how this particular thread does not stir up people like the QMX threads do.

Yet clearly money has been taken, NO product delivered.

Where are the prop police now?

I guess it´s because of the small amount we guys paid as a deposit, about $20 afaik. I´m screwed as well, since I was on the list for a set of gloves but I already found myself without a MUCH higher amount of money (hundreds of $ !) AND without any product a few times in the past, so I don´t really care about Russ. VERY sad, but true :unsure

Markus

What's it been, 3 years for this project? Is that an RPF record? I'm still without gloves and less the money sent to Russ.

Actually, been closer to 4 years...Love this quote (from waaaay back in early 2004) from Russ:

"I want to assure everyone that your deposits are safe. I still have the money that everyone sent to me and I have not sent the funds to my glove maker yet. I was waiting until he sent me an invoice for the gloves before I paid him. If you sent me a money order or check, it has not been deposited yet. If you sent me funds by PayPal, the money is still in my account. I promise that I will not rip anyone off or not deliver. Your money is safe with me and I promise that I will come through with this order."

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, and i was hoping to get in on the next run. I've seen his gloves and they're superb. If they're better than the last run then wow! Any updates?

How this guy has avoided be tarred and feathered like so many others who have taken money is a mystery to me.

Is this guy even still alive?

I want my damn refund.

I want him banned from the rpf at least, I know I asked the mods to get involved from that regards a LONG time ago. This whole situation is beyond frustrating at this point.

The money isn't as much the issue, I think the deposit was $20 or so - it is the principal of the matter at this point. I wonder if a call to the local police dept might help him realize the error of his way.......

Does anyone here have a pic of the Han Solo Gloves?

I work in leather every once in a while, and I think I'd like to take a shot at making a pair of my own. How hard can it be?

bah, this is like beating a dead horse. Russ ain't ever gonna own up and settle this. It's over, been over for a good 4 years. Too bad tho'...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back