ANH Obi Saber... Just a couple of questions

Reelo

Sr Member
So, after having completed my Heiland/Vader saber, I can't help but eye jealously at all the nice Obi sabers.
Since I'm quite tight on budget, I was wondering: what are the available options of getting my paws on one? I know russrep is machining parts for it and some websites sell more-or-less accurate replicas.
I know mostly what individual parts went into the original, but not how they were assembled or held together.
If I had a choice, I guess I'd prefer buying a kit (meaning all needed parts ready to assemble) or a finished saber. But as I said, I'm just testing the waters here, as far as expenses are concerned.
Tell me more...

"If those who do nothing wrong should have nothing to hide, why don't governments declassify all of THEIR stuff?"

This thread will be a good help, as it has almost all of the different variations of Obis out there:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/obi-anh-sabers-what-do-you-have-81181/

In regards to what is readily available today, you have the Russrep, Roman's Empire, and Parks versions. I regard Roman's and Russ's parts above Parks in terms of accuracy, as they have used real parts for reference on all of the pieces. However, people have done very nice things with the Parks saber and it's also the cheapest in price too.

Ok, so basically my best bet would be a Parks and then upgrade/improve it along the way...

Thanks guys!

"If those who do nothing wrong should have nothing to hide, why don't governments declassify all of THEIR stuff?"

You're welcome! If you go with the Parks saber, the main thing I would upgrade is the booster, which is very inaccurate compared to the real thing.

The pommel is also based on the modern/oversized version of the AS handwheel, but you can always swap that later if you feel like it.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back