Interest ANH Chewbacca ALL ALUMINUM BOWCASTER FRAME PLUS +++

Unfortunately, due to recent circumstances, I may have to drop out of this run. If anybody is interested in taking over my ANH slot, please PM me.

Manny, it looks like some great bowcaster replicas shaping up! Take care of your daughter and please take what time you need.

Good afternoon to everyone. I just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I will stop by at my local machine shop to check the frames, I will bring the parts that are already made, the prod with stainless steel spheres and the parts that Timmy did. As you guys know I am doing both Bowcaster versions, ANH and TFA, I will share pictures of both. Thank you in advance and happy Sunday.

Good morning, I apologize for not getting back sooner. Last week was a very complicated week. My father was hospitalized for severe hearth issues, and he had surgery yesterday for a quadruple bypass. He is at the ICU right now and his condition is very delicate. Also the owner of my local machine shop had car accident, thanks God he is well, but he needed to get to have several tests because he has back problems. Two machine shops are working on the Bowcasters, I got a hold of the one is doing the prods and connecting the spheres, they are working on those, and finishing all TFA scopes assembly. Yesterday I spoke with the owner of my local machine shop and I will stop by tomorrow and will take pictures of the frame, and I will assemble the bowcaster so I can take pictures. Once I double check that all the parts fits great then we will run all of them. This Friday I will have a call meeting with the other machine shop for an update on the prods and a completion date for those.

Unfortunately, due to recent circumstances, I may have to drop out of this run. If anybody is interested in taking over my ANH slot, please PM me.

Manny, it looks like some great bowcaster replicas shaping up! Take care of your daughter and please take what time you need.
whats the total?

Good morning, I am going straight to business. Second machine shop started to work on the prods, for both the ANH ad TFA. Three cutting tools were needed for the ANH Frame, one of the tools wasn't shipped until this week, I will send pictures when I stop by at my local machine shop. Another thing the owner of my local machine shop discussed with me was that the bowcaster frames will have to be sanded by and after they are cutted in the CNC machine, is time consuming but there is no other way for the complexity of the radious. You guys will received a clean frame with trigger, rear clip, side plates pre-assembled, so no surprises on parts that won't fit. Many of you who purchased my previous Boba Fett Blasters run I ship all my props pre assembled. I am waiting to receive new update pictures on the prods, they usually message me or call me every Friday, and this machine shop at CA is designing an attachment piece on both ends of the prods so both half of the spheres perfectly align and secure tight so they don't come off. I will post more pictures, I need to go to the shop and take so I can take pictures of the finished frame. Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 108
Good morning. Here are new pictures of the progress of the frames. I had a conversation with the owner of the other machine shop from California who are producing the Prods for both Bowcasters and the scopes and front piece for TFA version. The prods should be machined, and assembled in two weeks. The ANH frame in these pictures should be ready no later than next week. Like I mentioned before, three different cutting tools were needed, this is a complex piece to machine because of the three different radius and differences in thickness on different areas of the frame. This is not cast aluminum, this is a solid block of aluminum that has to be CNC cut on one side first and then the other side. These first two frames were water jet, which for production purposes is very time consuming because of the time needed to clamp the frame to the CNC machine. For production, the block of aluminum will be CNC cut in the shop, NOT water jet. Production will not be an issue, and it will not take time to complete each frame, but for the first frame unfortunately took longer, many things had to be considered, something I discussed with the other machine shop at CA when I new prop project is created, and depending of the complexity of the part there is a sequence from start to finish that has to be programed into the CNC machine. It won't be as bad to finish the frame by hand as we thought. You may see a rough cutting around the handle but it will be finished by other tool. The finished Bowcaster frame like the rest of the parts to complete this prop will look amazing all assembled and finished. I will have two of them painted and weathered, with all the parts and greeblies. I will post more pictures this weekend. I know there are a few fans concerned and frustrated that this is taking longer but for all of you rest assure that you guys will be pleased with the final product.

Attachments

• 20220628_121308_resized.jpg
    20220628_121308_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 20220628_121221_resized.jpg
    20220628_121221_resized.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220628_121209_resized.jpg
    20220628_121209_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 20220628_121201_resized.jpg
    20220628_121201_resized.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220628_121149_resized.jpg
    20220628_121149_resized.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 92
Good morning to everyone. I was away but doesn't mean that the work on the project was stopped. All the prods are done, they were shipped last Friday and I will receive them tomorrow. I am setting a work/assembling area and my local machine shop were all the bowcasters will be pre-assembled. I will take new pictures. We are close to completion. I have made extra aluminum prods with stainless steel spheres. I have received messages from members that they wish to purchase the ANH prods separately fro their built which is fine, I just need to check the costs and shipping, so I can order the correct size carton box from ULINE. Thank you for your attention and patience.

Good morning, here are pictures of the first assembled prod with stainless steel spheres. Using 4-40 sets screws the attachment solid 3D printed piece is attached to the aluminum prod and the stainless steel spheres are then attached and glued. I will have 12 extra prods for sale at $350.00 each. I know the original price was $330.00 but unfortunately the price of the materials went up. For orders please send me a PM. I will be assembling all the prods the next few days for the run too and organizing all the rest of the parts to complete the Bowcaster. I will send more updates. Thank you for your time, patience and support.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2243.jpg
    IMG_2243.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 86
  • 20221018_154721_resized_1.jpg
    20221018_154721_resized_1.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20221018_154726_resized.jpg
    20221018_154726_resized.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20221018_160320_resized.jpg
    20221018_160320_resized.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221018_160327_resized_1.jpg
    20221018_160327_resized_1.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20221018_160354_resized_1.jpg
    20221018_160354_resized_1.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 77
So stoked for this Manny! Thanks for the updates! Your hard work is very appreciated! Now I just need to go finally track down some scopes!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back