Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

*sigh*

...so, there's never going to be a chassis for this thing, is there? I was SO hyped on this run once I found out it was going to be an FX hilt. It never occurred to me that we'd get an absolutely *beautiful* hilt, and no chassis. Idk what else to do with this, I feel like I have to sell it and try to get in on the ultra expensive Solo's Hold run and pray that somebody makes a chassis for that? I have THEE worst luck with these runs:

1. Roman's MPP/no bladeholder/no chassis
2. ASV2/no chassis
3. PP Hero/messed up grenade section

*sigh*

...so, there's never going to be a chassis for this thing, is there? I was SO hyped on this run once I found out it was going to be an FX hilt. It never occurred to me that we'd get an absolutely *beautiful* hilt, and no chassis. Idk what else to do with this, I feel like I have to sell it and try to get in on the ultra expensive Solo's Hold run and pray that somebody makes a chassis for that? I have THEE worst luck with these runs:

2. ASV2/no chassis

There is plenty of possibility’s for chassis’s. But in all honesty the starkiller v2 needs more machining to make it FX-able

There’s no sound vents for instance

But as for chassis’s the AS v2 has plenty of room inside it

Goth has many universal chassis’s, if you got the inside diameter of the AS V2 you could use a universal (like I did for my balance v4)

Or if you found a chassis from something else with alittle 3d printing work you could make adapters to convert it over

I bought the AS v2 not for fx-ing, but because it’s the most accurate to date

I don’t want to drill sound vent holes into the hilt, I wanted the most accurate V2 with spinning emitter

As for Solos Hold V2, I’ve followed their build all the way threw. The general public has no idea the tooling and multiple setups that go on in making this happen

The mystery chunk, and lever are several multi setups. Which isn’t a 5 min job, it takes a long time to setup the machines to cut the new angle.. at some points it’s more then a days work to setup the machine and do a test run

It’s a real PITA...

But everything with SH is made in the US, with US material.

I’ll gladly pay extra as long as it’s made in the USA, which solos hold stuff is 100%

Don’t get too upset Jon, there’s plenty of options still out there for ya. Just not a simple “bolt in”

I am over worked right now, I’m done with commission work until I open up a real business. Which means I can start working on my own projects

And finally finish my own AS V2 which will have a repurposed chassis, who’s chassis am I going to cram in there

Well that will be a surprise ;)

I guess... I mean, doing an install takes a *huge* amount of work to begin with. Doing all sorts of extra mods to get something that was supposed to be an fx run from the beginning just to be fx-able is just asking too much imo. Is there such a thing as repurposing a different chassis for this hilt? If so, please DM me and let me know because I'm about to jump ship on this and go the SH route. Unfortunately, that's a $600 decision so it's scary.

I guess... I mean, doing an install takes a *huge* amount of work to begin with. Doing all sorts of extra mods to get something that was supposed to be an fx run from the beginning just to be fx-able is just asking too much imo. Is there such a thing as repurposing a different chassis for this hilt? If so, please DM me and let me know because I'm about to jump ship on this and go the SH route. Unfortunately, that's a $600 decision so it's scary.

I won’t have this done for awhile but I will be retrofitting a goth chassis inside the starkiller v2. It will be a static chassis though with maybe a pulsing crystal but that’s about it. I don’t want to FX the starkiller any further then that, I don’t want to jeopardize accuracy.

The Nerfworxlab crew has already announced they will make a chassis for their V2

To be fair, didn't AS announce that Goth would be making a chassis for this V2? I remember seeing it on Goth's list, and now it's just cancelled as far as I can tell. That's tough, because having a chassis is basically 50% of my buying decision, and if the chassis doesn't end up coming out I basically have to sell my purchase at a loss.

To be fair, didn't AS announce that Goth would be making a chassis for this V2? I remember seeing it on Goth's list, and now it's just cancelled as far as I can tell. That's tough, because having a chassis is basically 50% of my buying decision, and if the chassis doesn't end up coming out I basically have to sell my purchase at a loss.

Goth said he was going to do a chassis and I too was looking forward To it. Don’t quote me on this but I think he even got his delivered early to start developing, he may still have one in the works.

I know Goth is very busy with chassis’s..

I got tired of waiting for the balance chassis so I used one of his universal ones

*sigh*

2. ASV2/no chassis

I think there might be some miscommunication here. There are, i've noticed, a few groups of collectors on here. Some are more idealized and some are more screen accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but Roman and AS both approached these projects by starting out with replicating the on-set item. Alterations were made to AS' newer V2 run to open doors for other types of collectors. I don't think they fell short on anything when it comes to their projects, but really developed something along a different vein than electronics installs

I think there might be some miscommunication here. There are, i've noticed, a few groups of collectors on here. Some are more idealized and some are more screen accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but Roman and AS both approached these projects by starting out with replicating the on-set item. Alterations were made to AS' newer V2 run to open doors for other types of collectors. I don't think they fell short on anything when it comes to their projects, but really developed something along a different vein than electronics installs

Correct-o-mondo

See, I fall into the group of collectors who are looking for "screen accurate" AND able to take an install. That's why I jumped on the latest AS fx-ready run. I don't think AS fell short on anything when it comes to his projects either. But if it doesn't have chassis support and there's no way to install it (without a significant time investment and doing all sorts of custom work on the project) then it's not right for me and I have to part with it and get in on a different run. I know at one point Goth was going to develop a chassis for this hilt, but it seems like it might be off the table now... if that's the case, there's not really much I can do with the hilt.

I'm certain that the universal ones will work. I used one on the RPK v2 when a chassis wasn't available and it worked out great.

There are also a number of members on Facebook who have their own printers who design chassis for less known hilts/runs. They are a great alternative.

I've finally gone ahead and picked up an AS v2 after years of RPK and now KR sabers. VERY excited to start on this legendary hilt.

I'm certain that the universal ones will work. I used one on the RPK v2 when a chassis wasn't available and it worked out great.

There are also a number of members on Facebook who have their own printers who design chassis for less known hilts/runs. They are a great alternative.

I've finally gone ahead and picked up an AS v2 after years of RPK and now KR sabers. VERY excited to start on this legendary hilt.

If you find a specific chassis that works, or you know of somebody who's making a chassis for this hilt... let me know please!

OK, Miron Kovatsis very much interested in designing one.... we just need the specs. I've FB messaged Daniel David for them but if anyone know them please pop them over to me. Once I have them I'll get some prices from him and an ETA and share ASAP.

OK I've found another, Tom Leech of The Proplicator. Not to detract from this thread but if you are interested in a chassis please just pop me a message and I can send you a link to his page. I don't know prices, I've just messaged him and he says he is working on it.

Has anyone come up with anything to put in the body or pommel to give this more weight? every time I pick up my last run V2 i forget how light it is compared to every other saber I have...doesnt feel right.

Has anyone come up with anything to put in the body or pommel to give this more weight? every time I pick up my last run V2 i forget how light it is compared to every other saber I have...doesnt feel right.
old / dead batteries?

That's what I did with my vintage graflex. Drained D batteries and put electrical tape between them and put them in backwards so they wouldn't have any connection.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back