Anakin Podracer Studio Scale Build

ethanb

Hey All! Thought I would start sharing my progress on Anakin's Podracer from Episode I. I am working on making a model as accurate as possible, using reference from the studio scale model. The engine is almost halfway done at this point. My plan is to be able to print a full studio scale (1/8) version and a (1/16) version.
EngineProgress_07132020.jpg

Another day in the books and I think the middle section is pretty much complete. I will do some final cleanup and then make any adjustments to allow for better printing as I prep the final piece. The rear is going to be a bear! Not a lot of symmetry so progress will slow. I did have a great idea on attaching the engine sections though. I think for each scale I will create a joint with magnets to allow for the sections to be removed for transport and storage, should be a pretty neat feature if I can pull it off!
EngineProgress_07142020.jpg

Looks great!
Are you basing your details off of the miniature or the full sized set piece? Or are you combining elements of both?
I can't wait to see it come to life!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back