Anakin Podracer Studio Scale Build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ethanb

Hey All! Thought I would start sharing my progress on Anakin's Podracer from Episode I. I am working on making a model as accurate as possible, using reference from the studio scale model. The engine is almost halfway done at this point. My plan is to be able to print a full studio scale (1/8) version and a (1/16) version.
EngineProgress_07132020.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ethanb

Another day in the books and I think the middle section is pretty much complete. I will do some final cleanup and then make any adjustments to allow for better printing as I prep the final piece. The rear is going to be a bear! Not a lot of symmetry so progress will slow. I did have a great idea on attaching the engine sections though. I think for each scale I will create a joint with magnets to allow for the sections to be removed for transport and storage, should be a pretty neat feature if I can pull it off!
EngineProgress_07142020.jpg

Duncanator

Sr Member
Looks great!
Are you basing your details off of the miniature or the full sized set piece? Or are you combining elements of both?
I can't wait to see it come to life!