An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Okay little off topic, but as I was going through the kits this morning I came across this piece on the Bandai Mobelwagen. Did anyone ever try this for the Falcon/Y-wing Kettenkrad piece? I read through the Reddish jammer thread and saw how one could be made. I don't have the kits so I can't check the size, it would be cool if it fit.
View attachment 1579818 View attachment 1579819
All right -- here's my pictures, here's my take:

1653858320523.jpeg

C29 compared to my two best imitations of the original subassembly. C29 sits on top of the third (far right) version, which currently has no bumps added to it.

1653858385230.jpeg

C29 sitting in the same surface plane in comparison to DaveG's 3D-modeled version of the subassembly, showing a high similarity.

My take: not a match. My reasons are threefold: 1.) bumps too close together, 2.) width of greeblie too narrow to match any version of the area, 3.) length of C29 greeblie not long enough to "fill" that front section of the "missing greeblie" ID area.

I am of course very willing to be wrong, and have been wrong multiple times in the past. And it is certainly, to my knowledge, the best "existing greeblie" guess we've seen so far on this particular mystery.

Okay, I'm down to two pieces in this pit and I'm stumped. The long curved piece looks like it should be some kind of tread, but I've spent days looking and can't find it. I also can't find the piece in the foreground that sticks down into the Matilda hull. I was thinking maybe part of a landing gear? If you have any hints, I sure would appreciate a nudge in the right direction. :)

1653960311058.png

Close. But the one on the Falcon looks like a little finer detail and it doesn't have the clips at the bottom of the plate.

So I started working on this guy today and have a question. Is the yellow piece (M577) on a styrene block or an actual model part? I'm trying to figure out what is elevating it. Any tips? Thanks,
John

1654048118304.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back