American Psycho Business Card Collection

AlanCottonwood

Howdy Folks:

While perusing an auction catalog of movie props/memorabilia, I came across a high resolution (5368x5098) auction lot photo of the five principal American Psycho business cards in a framed display. With Photoshop, I broke the photo up into five individual (3.5x2"@300dpi) documents and formatted each card (straightening, rotating, removing distortion, color editing to remove shadows and glare, painting out framing materials, etc...) into two formats: 1) FULL COLOR for folks that wish to produce a budget replica by printing directly to white cardstock with their personal printers, and 2) B&W "bleached" (for both color and paper texture) files for those folks that may wish to either perform further edits and/or export directly to relevant cardstock.

Having said that, I kept my edits restricted to card formatting and presentation -- taking care to produce as accurate a replica as possible by leaving all instances of wear and tear/scuffing (particularly visible on the Pierce & Pierce logo on the Luis Carruthers card) in addition to kerning and/or leading issues associated with the original text layout -- preserving the card's unique features "warts and all."

I, of course, did a search of the forums before posting and found a thread with no downloadable files and an admin notice discouraging adding further posts on account of the thread's age. I did not see any others so I took the liberty of posting my personal edits of this card lot. I hope you folks approve of the card reproductions and find them useful.

Attachments

• APBCAllenBONE.jpg
    APBCAllenBONE.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 105
  • APBCAllenWHITE.jpg
    APBCAllenWHITE.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 97
  • APBCBatemanBONE.jpg
    APBCBatemanBONE.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 96
  • APBCBatemanWHITE.jpg
    APBCBatemanWHITE.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 95
  • APBCBryceBUFF.jpg
    APBCBryceBUFF.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 78
  • APBCBryceWHITE.jpg
    APBCBryceWHITE.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 73
  • APBCCarruthersBONESTRIPE.jpg
    APBCCarruthersBONESTRIPE.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 77
  • APBCCarruthersWHITE.jpg
    APBCCarruthersWHITE.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 79
  • APBCVanPattenBEIGE.jpg
    APBCVanPattenBEIGE.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 70
  • APBCVanPattenWHITE.jpg
    APBCVanPattenWHITE.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 96
I was bored, so I redid the business cards from scratch with accurate fonts using the same photos from PropStore. These should print at 90 x 50 mm:
BC Carruthers Luis Original.png BC Carruthers Luis Corrected.png BC David Van Patten.png BC Patrick Bateman.png BC Paul Allen.png BC Timothy Bryce.png

The Carruthers card have 2 versions: the 1st is just like the original, while the 2nd version have the Mergers and Aquisitions centered with Pierce & Pierce.
Have fun!

Last edited:
I was bored, so I redid the business cards from scratch with accurate fonts using the same photos from PropStore. These should print at 90 x 50 mm:
View attachment 1650220 View attachment 1650219 View attachment 1650221 View attachment 1650222 View attachment 1650223 View attachment 1650224

The Carruthers card have 2 versions: the 1st is just like the original, while the 2nd version have the Mergers and Aquisitions centered with Pierce & Pierce.
Have fun!

I may be a bit biased (also a bit jaded) but I think that is one of the coolest things PS has sold in a while.

I may be a bit biased (also a bit jaded) but I think that is one of the coolest things PS has sold in a while.

Luckily, they sell lots of great things, but also (which is important for the rest of us) with some great hi-res photos. Just recently they sold the Boba Fett jetpack rocket/grappling hook drawn by Norman Reynolds:
3f0bb1ce82e7ce96e71f8b215c2dd265-o.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back