Amazing Spiderman 2 Costume Pattern + Eyes & Face Plate

David Charles

Greetings everyone,

Newbie here, but trying to change that. I'm planning on making my own Amazing Spiderman 2 replica costume, and I really want to do this well. I have good sewing skills as well as the dedication and patience to make this happen; but I need certain materials as I do not have the equipment/knowledge/time to create things like the eye lenses and the face plate. I've been reading about others' experiences and am now searching various PDFs to purchase so that I can have the pattern pieces printed. I've checked out 4neodesigns.com and they do not have the new patterns up yet. There is a seller by the username lensgenius69 who is selling a PDF of the new costume on eBay; however, I'm a 34 inch waist, 5' 11" and 210 lbs. (muscular build) and I'm concerned that this print will not fit my dimensions. Also, I need to purchase the eye lenses + molds (i.e. frames) and face plate for the mask. I believe I should be able to find these things in the Junkyard, but I figured I would start here to see if anyone has any leads. Thanks much in advance!!

Best,
David

BTW - here is a link to the costume, just in case. 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': 'The Suit Is Improved' | EW.com

Thank you for that head's up Orhadar & GrayFoxFlavio - I messaged him about a question and he messaged me back basically saying, "Give me your money and then I'll answer your questions," which immediately sent up some red flags. I'll check out gunheaddesign.com and go from there. Thanks so much for the info!

Orhadar - just want to say I'm so sorry ******** like this guy exist. I've also seen other instances on Zach Luna's imgur where people have stolen your work. *smh* Anyway, I think your artwork looks amazing and given that your the guy who did the artwork for Zach's outfit I was hoping to be able to get in touch with you. My only question is - does the file (the $55 one) include the mask, or is the $65 option literally an "extra" mask in case somebody wanted to make two masks? Thanks in advance - and I'm looking forward to getting rolling on this!! I placed my order for the lenses and faceplate with TJack today... slightly obsessing over this. ;)

Thanks again Orhadar! I sent in the order today through fabricondemand.com, and even spoke with an individual who works there to make certain that I was ordering the correct amount of yardage for the outfit. I should be receiving an email proof that I'll have to approve tomorrow... but in the mean time, I have some questions that I'm hoping to get some help with.

I'm trying to strike a balance between authenticity and durability. I'd like to puff paint and silicone the necessary parts of the outfit, but I'm concerned about, well, durability. It seems that El Fett and Trophywife have a nice system down, and I would love to learn what specific paints and applicators they use. Also, I'd like to know what they do to create/where they order their silicon webbing.

The other thing I'm considering is doing what Luna did, i.e., coloring in the webbing with a sharpie (or whatever marker he used). What are folks' current impressions/experiencing with both techniques?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back