Altered Carbon (Netflix)

I thought the first season was better but this season was just okay. After the first season, I couldnt wait for the second season but now I dont really care about a 3rd. I'm thinking of picking up the books though.
The books are really good, the first season did a really good job of adapting the first book. While I don't remember what the plot was for the second book, I do know that it isn't what we saw for season 2 of the show. All 3 books have no real continuity with each with the exception of Kovacs. While there are 3 books in the series, you'd be really hard pressed to call them a trilogy because of how little they have to do with each other.

I'm guessing that the show runners decided to not follow book 2 faithfully because they were afraid of losing the audience. Which is a pity because it's kind of interesting to have a modern book series in which book doesn't really continue with what happened previously. It took me a bit to get used to it, but after a while I got so caught up in the story I didn't care that book 2 didn't really tie in much to book 1 and how book 3 didn't tie in to book 2.

The books are really good, the first season did a really good job of adapting the first book. While I don't remember what the plot was for the second book, I do know that it isn't what we saw for season 2 of the show. All 3 books have no real continuity with each with the exception of Kovacs. While there are 3 books in the series, you'd be really hard pressed to call them a trilogy because of how little they have to do with each other.

I'm guessing that the show runners decided to not follow book 2 faithfully because they were afraid of losing the audience. Which is a pity because it's kind of interesting to have a modern book series in which book doesn't really continue with what happened previously. It took me a bit to get used to it, but after a while I got so caught up in the story I didn't care that book 2 didn't really tie in much to book 1 and how book 3 didn't tie in to book 2.

Apologies for jumping in here two years after the discussion. I came in here because I was looking for a “Sunjet 2320”. I was just watching this show again and I was wondering if anybody had made one of these.

Somebody compared to bladerunner, the sunjet gun certainly has that blade runner look. It was also used in William Shatner’s “techwar“, The gun that Greg Evigan had that would basically push somebody 50 feet away through the air… I loved that gun. All three guns from the shows have a similar appearance if not similar ordnance. I would really be interested to find out if anybody had made a Sunjet. I also liked that flechette gun that sucked the flechette back in. When Anthony McKee was playing the character he had two of those that he could summon back to his body, well at least they would come back into his hands… that was done very well in season two.

My take on the series was that season one was focused upon Tak, season two was telling the story about Quellcrest Falconer. Like where she was, what happened to her why she was acting crazy. Also they told a lot about the aliens who were responsible for altered Carbon, basically stocks were made out of dead aliens, and it was pissing off any aliens that were left on that planet from season two. I forget all of the plot points but I think at one point the alien creators of altered Carbon we’re going to blow up all of the humans on the planet. I have forgotten exactly what happened. My main disappointment is that Joel Kinnaman did not reprise his role when Tak was forced to fight all of those droids that were shaped like his friends from S1.

They also might have just jumped ahead into other books because they knew the show wasn’t doing as well as the first season, because everybody wanted Joel Kinnaman back as Tak. I thought that was unfair to Anthony McKee. Nobody really gave him a chance at all and I thought he did a great job, adapting all of the mannerisms that we saw in Joel, Tak Kovacs was a character created even in the book so that he could be portrayed by any actor in the world really, male or female, and that is what season two does. I’m not familiar with the story from consecutive books. I have put these books on my list of books to read but I just haven’t gotten to them yet, and I don’t like reading on my mobile devices I have to have books that I can’t hold in my hand…

If anybody knows about somebody who has made one of these Sunjets, i’d like to see images of the work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back