Alphas - ID cards, wallet, and badge

MattMunson

Master Member
I have become a new fan of the SYFY show Alphas, and a recent episode saw them receiving new IDs, sort of in the vein of X-Files credentials. Knowing SYFY, they will cancel this show within a season, but I do like the IDs.

Since I spent SO much time researching the x-files credentials a few years ago, doing these ones was pretty simple. After literally about ten minutes online, I'm pretty sure I found the correct wallet and badge. HD screen caps give me great reference for the cards, and even a couple of the mugshots used.

BUT, first, a question for the mods: I'm not sure where this falls under the CoC. I read the guidelines, and it's a bit vague, so I will turn to you for guidance. These are fake IDs, with custom badges that an be ordered from an online store within the US. I am planning on making ONE for myself, and not selling them. Nor will I be posting them for free in the paper props section.

Is this OK, or should I just skip this one and keep it on my blog?

As an update, I ordered the badge this morning. There appear to be some MINOR differences between it and the screen used one, but I cannot say for certain based on the pictures shown on the website. I suppose I'll know more in a few days.

Matt,

Would really like to see your work on the Alphas ID set.

Funny, as soon as I saw that episode, I thought "Now that would make a cool paper prop."

Best,

Vettius

oki in an attempt to help out on this project I have a link to an AWESOME capture of that ID for Gary. it isnt too intense. I have a thing for old phones. I'm thinking the bell in the center of the watermark come from a defunk Ma Bell logo or similar but will research further. The "signature" is a bit blocked out, but at first glance it looks like JKRowling but on closer look the w is missing and it has 2 "ll"s and a longer last-name..any ideas as a production member? MYSTERY !

Alphas - Alphas [Syfy] Fan Art (24457261) - Fanpop

The watermark logo is a standard ID logo. It took me about two minutes to find it on the web :) It's got two flags around the liberty bell.

Also, I have officially abandoned this project. I found the exact badge, but when I tried to order it, they asked for actual credentials. Oops!

dcis.jpg

I threw this together from memory. This is using the Smith And Warren visual badge maker. I believe it's badge style M14, which is one of their "eagle over circle" designs.

It matches up perfectly to the high def screen grabs I did, though the colors on the flag and bell are slightly different. Just bolder on the TV version.

I've spent hours looking for the watermark if you cas post a link to it, it would be appreciated for my ALPHAS project. Wikipedia has the badge style used in the show as a 2d cgi, usable for the most basic of purposes if you wiki DCIS...

trying to gimp the watermark is driving me nuts.....

I guess photo editing is not my Alpha ability........:lol

would ya drop the link in here for that mark? or possibly the site too for the real ID to screengrab from? THANky

The "signature" is a bit blocked out, but at first glance it looks like JKRowling but on closer look the w is missing and it has 2 "ll"s and a longer last-name..any ideas as a production member? MYSTERY !

The signature appears to be "J.R. Murray." According to IMDb, the show's prop master is James R. Murray.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back