All things Tron Legacy

Will probably deal with Dillenger/s and the MCP given the easter eggs on the Blu-ray/DVD discs.

Legacy gets a bit of a bashing but personally I really enjoyed it, probably one of my most watched.

Re: Official all things Tron Legacy thread

i think its awesome they made motorcycle replica suits of Sam and Quorra. And i know theres a Rinzler one in production too (all road legal!) but i just wish they'd make CLU's helmet too... its ****ing sweet

I'm noticing while ripping my Legacy DVD that there appears to be some letterboxing/aspect ratio issues. All throughout the movie the scenes appear to bounce back and forth from 16:9 to 2.39:1. No squishing, just the letterboxing. Anyone else notice this or know why? I'm surprised this sort of thing still happens.

legacy.jpg

It's not an error. There is a disclaimer before the movie which explains that the movie switches aspect ratio to preserve the way the movie was seen full and uncropped in IMAX presentations.

New update: Cindy Morgan, who played Yori in the original TRON, has confirmed that TR3N is a go yesterday. Here's a post on Tumblr that was shared on Yori Lives, and I have even gone over to Cindy's actual Facebook page to confirm the actual quote (which is a response to a few comments on a link she posted for an article from Ain't It Cool News).

Here is the Tumblr page with a picture of Cindy's response (if you yourself disbelieve it, go to Cindy's Facebook page and look for the Ain't It Cool News link, and her response, which was quoted, is the 9th one down from the top): TRONBLR

I'm noticing while ripping my Legacy DVD that there appears to be some letterboxing/aspect ratio issues. All throughout the movie the scenes appear to bounce back and forth from 16:9 to 2.39:1. No squishing, just the letterboxing. Anyone else notice this or know why? I'm surprised this sort of thing still happens.

legacy.jpg

Tron Legacy switches Aspect Ratios because they wanted some scenes that took place in the Grid to look more grand. This is the same method that Christopher Nolan used for The Dark Knight and soon to be released Dark Knight Rises. Although I don't think they filmed Tron Legacy in IMAX for these scenes.

How could you forget about Yori? Anyway, the sequel is no surprise. I'm almost ready to post my paper about it in the "thoughts" thread.

Will probably deal with Dillenger/s and the MCP given the easter eggs on the Blu-ray/DVD discs.

Legacy gets a bit of a bashing but personally I really enjoyed it, probably one of my most watched.

agree I love the movies
But Legacy is just so nice to watch.
Still want a CLUE motorcycle suit

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back