All things Tron Legacy

Of course he was doing the best job of protecting Sam's interest. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't even be on the board. And Sam did it because there were more people who took over Encom as far back as 1990 (can't remember exact date), where the board fired most of those who were on Flynn's side in order to take the company "in a new direction." Since Sam owned most of the stock for Encom, they couldn't fire Alan because his job was to make sure that Sam's interests were protected. And they figured that as long as Alan was still out of the way, those that took over the company could "continue to do whatever they want."

So, again, Alan was doing the best job protecting Sam's interest within the limitations he had. Not to mention, he

set up the Flynn Lives movement with RAM, which lead to the page from the Arcade getting through to Alan, Sam getting onto the Grid, finding Flynn and eventually exiting, and leading Sam to step up and take charge.

Where did you read/pick up on all this back story? It sounds interesting.

I wish there was more about Alan in Legacy. I always saw him as the real hero of the original even though it was Flynn's story. There were a lot of great opportunities to showcase the difference between these two characters through their programs. Alan may not be the most initiative person nor the most daring of the group, but he's got character and a strong sense of what is right. Flynn, while a very decent likable person does come off as reckless and overconfident. After all, his best program CLU got captured by Recognizers and helped the MCP make hacking the system even harder for him. His next version of CLU was an even bigger mistake because it ended up turning against him and making the new Grid a living hell for a lot of the programs.

Alan's Tron on the other hand? Never backed down from anything. Even though the dialogue is hard to make out without the aid of subtitles, I liked how Tron wasn't so confident in Flynn's plan and was pretty vocal about it. And even in the face of betrayal that was done due to Flynn's arrogance, Tron still fought and sacrificed himself for Flynn.

It would have been nice to see something in Legacy that showed Flynn being aware that he was not the best person suited for what he aspired to do, and showed some regret in not involving Alan in anyway outside of using his Tron program. Imagine what Alan could have created instead of Clu in creating a system that Flynn wanted?

I'm glad they left Alan with something at the end like being made chairman. I just think there should have been something about Alan in the context of the film itself that would have added more to his moment in the end.

They do… when you look at the score board, you can see "Perlis" "Hurd" "Logg" etc…

Can you tell what cyclist #1's name is?
The one with the black spikey hair that actually helps Sam.
I went frame by frame on the blue-ray to try and see, but couldn't make it out.
Maybe my t.v. isn't big enough??

I wish there was more about Alan in Legacy. I always saw him as the real hero of the original even though it was Flynn's story.

That's the major problem with the structure of the first film. Narrative protagonist confusion. With an interpretive stretch, you can justify Flynn as the lead, but that leaves several Alan sequences almost totally unjustified. It could have been a brother story, but the nature of their relationship is never dramatically exploited and their is no shared arc.

I think if they had cracked that one issue in the script phase, the movie would move much more naturally, and may have had a better chance when it was released. (And even now.)
It's a tough movie to defend, but I still love it.

Sorry I don't know. Why is it so important?

Because I'm doing a costume like their's and Sam's, and everyone calls their costume a "Sam Flynn costume". But, I look nothing like Garret, but rather look a lot more like the program with the black faux-hawk. So I just wanted to be able to call it my ____ costume, ya know? That is all...no big deal....sorry

Because I'm doing a costume like their's and Sam's, and everyone calls their costume a "Sam Flynn costume". But, I look nothing like Garret, but rather look a lot more like the program with the black faux-hawk. So I just wanted to be able to call it my ____ costume, ya know? That is all...no big deal....sorry

Hi Marc! (My name is also Marc!) Here is a link to the TRON: Legacy Press Kit that has the entire credits, including the cast members.

http://media-file.net/7/tron/images/TRON LEGACY PRESS KIT FINAL 11-30-10.pdf

The Light Cycle riders aren't listed by name, but rather by color as Blue, Green, and Purple Gaming Program. I believe the one you are referring to is the Green Gaming Program. Unfortunately, I don't see any character names listed.

Hey, guys. Not too long ago, I finished the first draft of a TRON fan film I've been considering on doing. It's a character piece and utilizes a lot of stuff from the TRON 2.0 game as a means of showing how the filmmakers of TRON could use the game. Though the TRON 2.0 video game isn't considered canon to the filmmakers, part of the reason why I did it was to show that though the game isn't canon to the films, it shouldn't be ignored as a source for ideas (especially with what is shown with the Dillengers chat, which sort of hints at a potential hostile takeover of Encom, like what was seen in the video game).

I should note that this is the first draft of the script, and it is more of a character piece set within the real world than it is a typical TRON fan film. Normally when people hear TRON, they think of lightcycles, ID Discs, and stories within the computer world (much like how people think of lightsaber battles and spacefights in Star Wars films instead of the other half, which are character stories). So, I hope you guys aren't dissuaded by the lack of lightcycles, ID discs and in-computer world scenes.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the read. Don't know if I'll proceed in doing it or not (which if I did, I'd be doing it all by myself).

Last edited:
I just bought a 16.1 mp camera with 720 h.d. and might do some Tron short films (or just battle scenes) since there will be lots of effects i might as well make a program version of myself, i double myself in lots of pictures too so its kinda natural to make another me in a vid. No written stories yet so it might just be random disk battles

Anyone have the official TRON Legacy magazine? I just want to know what pull out posters are in it. Perhaps that Quorra banner I'm looking for is one of them...

Anyone have the official TRON Legacy magazine? I just want to know what pull out posters are in it. Perhaps that Quorra banner I'm looking for is one of them...

I have the magazine, but I can't recall off the top of my head all the posters. I think there's a lightcycle, one of CLU and Flynn and I think the normal movie poster. I could be wrong. May have to find it and check.

The best I can do is "VINF" but that is mostly guessing as I could not find a clear shot of the names either. There was a "WULF" in the Disk War, but that didn't seem to fit what was listed next to cyclist one.

my "Sam's helmet"
samshelmet.jpg

SHOEI RF-1000 Flat black

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back