All Things Captain America

First try of my Civil War suit from Cosplay Sky at Toronto ComicCon. Still in the process of adjusting it to what I want but all in all I was happy with it!

20160319_145521_001.jpg20160319_144942.jpg20160319_144628.jpg20160319_144612_001.jpg20160319_095206.jpg

If anybody is attending Emerald City Comic Con and is dressing up as Cap, please post your photos here! I am unable to attend this year :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The finished AOU helmet I have is poking my friend around the eyes. I was thinking of using some moleskin but does anyone else have any suggestions? It's the one from Pannix Props from Italy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The finished AOU helmet I have is poking my friend around the eyes. I was thinking of using some moleskin but does anyone else have any suggestions? It's the one from Pannix Props from Italy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Never heard of the company. What is the helmet made out of and do you have any photos? Mine is lined with strips of synthetic leather. I also recently used a heat gun to soften the helmet and reshape it. That helped a bit, as some materials warp in temperature extremes.

How do you guys mount the shield on your back? I have an aluminum shield with aluminum brackets and leather straps on the back. I don't have the leather harness and I need to find a way to mount it by this weekend, heading to Florida Supercon. Thanks for any input!!

I have the harness with the big back buckle. I put a Chicago screw through the leather on my shield and slide it down one of the grooves in the bracket on my back. Works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you guys mount the shield on your back? I have an aluminum shield with aluminum brackets and leather straps on the back. I don't have the leather harness and I need to find a way to mount it by this weekend, heading to Florida Supercon. Thanks for any input!!
I use an aluminum hook similar in shape to an S-hook, bolted to the back buckle. It allows the handle on the back of the shield to hook on, and it spreads the weight out a bit.
Here's a pic of the uncoated hook setup that I use.IMG_1649.JPG

Thanks guys, I guess I need to get myself a back buckle lol
If you can't get your hands on a harness in a timely fashion, you could always do what I did for my first costume. I used a longer leather belt run across the chest/shoulder/back, had a smallish metal bracket from the hardware aisle at Walmart to allow the shield to attach without slipping. It's not screen-accurate, but it's similar in style to what he wore during CA:TFA.
But yes, a back buckle does make the process much much easier. Best of luck to you!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back