Aliens Pulse Rifle Help

Astroman

Hello! I have decided to turn to the brilliant minds of the RPF for some help creating my pulse rifle. Right now I am scrapped for cash, and only have one item I can build off of: a Nerf Tornado Strike:
Nerf-Super-Soaker-Tornado-Strike-blaster-sm.jpg

I know this is going to be tough, but I'm not going for an exact replica, just as close as I can get. What should I do to the rifle to make it look pulse rifle enough?
Thanks guys!

Paint, and depending on your resources, maybe some modeling clay or even some resin bits. But yes, paint mostly! Here's a source for the actual paint they used for the prop (called Brown Bess):

Humbrol 186 Matt Brown Bess Enamel Paint 14ml (E14/186) | Antics Online Model Shop

Although you'd probably have to use a lot of it, and it's for miniature models, so I think the bottles are quite small. But, it's the right shade!

Thanks! Paint is no problem! But what could I do to shape it up? I realize the magazine is on a slant, and I wasn't planning on ever using this as a water blaster again, so I could cut it up. I can paint it, maybe later it with cardboard in some areas? Make the carrying handle?

^^^^ Sage advice ^^^^ . . . up until a few weeks ago, I'd never even heard of styrene, but having read through so many threads here, I can't wait to get started on a nerf PR and Lawgiver :thumbsup

Welcome to the forums. I doubt anyone has turned the exact Nerf Gun you have into a PR. What you have to do is learn how to work with the materials others have used, adapt them to your project, and build & finish your own project. No one is going to do it for you, learn from what others have done that is similiar to what you want. If I was doing something like this, this is how I would start.

1- Find a piece of paper or cardboard that is bigger than your Nerf gun.

2- Trace your Nerf gun onto this. It does not need to be perfect.

3- Draw your PR design over this drawing. This will allow you to come up with a "pattern" of sorts for how the PR needs to be shaped to fit your gun.

4- Find a material you can work with to build your forms/design. You could use large plastic "For Sale" signs or something similiar. If you have a local shop that makes signs, you may be able to get useable scraps for free.

5- Pick up some form of putty or filler and some epoxy to build your design around your gun. Seal the joints with filler and sand smooth.

6- Paint it up and take lots of pictures during your progress.

7- Start a thread to show off your work.

I had seen that on the thread before, but I don't have the gun to follow that guide, mine is a bit different. Thanks for the help though!

You don't need to use the exact gun. Use the templates provides to cut out your shrouds and adjust them to work with what you have

Welcome to the forums. I doubt anyone has turned the exact Nerf Gun you have into a PR. What you have to do is learn how to work with the materials others have used, adapt them to your project, and build & finish your own project. No one is going to do it for you, learn from what others have done that is similiar to what you want. If I was doing something like this, this is how I would start.

1- Find a piece of paper or cardboard that is bigger than your Nerf gun.

2- Trace your Nerf gun onto this. It does not need to be perfect.

3- Draw your PR design over this drawing. This will allow you to come up with a "pattern" of sorts for how the PR needs to be shaped to fit your gun.

4- Find a material you can work with to build your forms/design. You could use large plastic "For Sale" signs or something similiar. If you have a local shop that makes signs, you may be able to get useable scraps for free.

5- Pick up some form of putty or filler and some epoxy to build your design around your gun. Seal the joints with filler and sand smooth.

6- Paint it up and take lots of pictures during your progress.

7- Start a thread to show off your work.
Wow thanks for the help! I will start my project soon! I am relit icky new to props, with the exception of some cardboard blasters I have created over the days. Thanks everyone

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back