Aliens Dropship Pilot Helmet

So going through the list of found parts, I was not sure about the models, also, man it is going to be hard to find the bike hoses, and the camera switch... Nothing on ebay or searching. Also, Do you know which polaroid camera is the correct one? I see a bunch for sale but the list says the "close" version is not correct...

Last edited:
Also, I read someone had made a template for the cuts to the SPH4? And finally, any place I can get good reference photos?

From here - Aliens Legacy forum [post #3]
I could be wrong, but I think the SPH4 comes in different sizes, so some tweaking may be required (template works fine for my helmet [so far anyways; I've only cut one earcup ... )

Attachments

• dropship helmet guide.jpg
    dropship helmet guide.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
wtyler3, in case you'd rather save some time, there is a guy who made molds of the ear details after he built them using the source parts.

I found him and have a set on order. I looked up the found parts list and the cost to get them all runs over 400 bucks, along with the fact that som of them are impossible at the moment to get.

So, I will see how this casting comes out and go from there.

Thanks for the template! Awesome!

Well, I am hooked. I got in my pre-molded R/L side today, but also started collecting the known parts from the ALF found part list. Just missing one model.

1 helmet, 1 camera cable and 1 polaroid camera inbound.

The 3 other camera cables, the grip cable and the bike pump hoses are going to be the problem, it may take a long time to find them.

I also got in the Rapier tracking system mount, and am hoping to get more info on a possible mold for the second sight that is on Spunkmeyers helmet, Yes there are 2.

There are still a few parts that have not been identified. I hope to add to the work that has been done here, as a few model and the parts need to be shown.

Anyone reading this thread know of how to find the Belvin pump hoses? Lord those are going to be hard to find.

Yes indeed I did get them. Very thankful. Interesting that 2 were correct, the other 2, one had the crimped end cap on the wrong side (I was able to switch the dual gear thingy to that side), but the last one the end caps were smooth. I ill use it of course!

Here is the pic of the 4 hoses, there are 2 versions, I have the packaging to show they are Belvins. I put the part number next to each pair. 3 are perfect, the last one, I might rotate the crimp line to show, and it should hide the fact the crimp is different.
belvin hoses.png

Could be of use - Polaroid camera disassembly guide

The "pyramid" and the shutter release button mounting housing are found parts, used for the RHS helmet greebie.
The aperture housing is used for the LHS helmet greebie (I believe).
The shutter release button outer housing is used as part of Spunkmeyer's sight assembly (?)

wtyler3, dropshipbob, septic
Love the movie. The helmet is a worthy project. Hope you plan to ride your bike on the street to show it off. Display it to kids for selfies. Or best yet, dress in olive drab and walk the flight line at your local airport.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back