Aliens Dropship Pilot Helmet

Star Wars Chick

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am planning to do a Dropship Pilot helmet build. I just got in my SPH4 and thought I would do a video series of my build. Here is the first video in the series. Aliens Dropship Pilot Helmet Build part 1 - YouTube I hope you'll check it out and subscribe to my channel for updates. I will also post new videos in this thread. For those who have gone before me and have done this build up, I am really looking to you for help and guidance and advice cause I am going to need it!

Last edited:
Love the excitement of opening a parcel. Really cool helmet and you wear it well. I am building a Pulse Rifle and I have about 10 parcels winging their way to me...it will be like Christmas this month.

Looks like loads of reference will be needed for the helmet, hope the forum can help. Will be watching to see how it comes out. Great idea BTW to do a video build of it.

Good luck.
May the Forum be with you. :lol

:lol that was supercool watching you open that up all this time later!

It looks like quite a few bits and pieces have been added to the collection since I mailed it on to the other guy.

I would be more than happy to help out with this, if you can get some shots of all the bits and pieces, I can ID them, then we can get goin. The bit you dropped is the part that's actually cobbled together by myself from a couple dozen actual kit parts. Looks like there's some resin cast parts there too. :)

It suits you a hella lot more on you than when wedged on my bonce :behave

Si

Last edited:
So glad you enjoyed it Birdie! I hope I can do this thing some justice! I can definitely work on doing, I would really appreciate that. Fortunately I didn't break that part, whew!

Love that helmet, and I enjoyed the video. it's nice to see other prop people excited to get parcels. I look forward to seeing it finished, you have the perfect look to pull off Ferro too

Hiya,

Great video, I have no sound on my PC at work so I've no idea what you are saying, however you look very excited! :)

Congratulations, on your new acquisition. :thumbsup

I built one a while ago for my partner and I have to do another soon for myself, it is reasonably straight forward build but quite nerve racking when cutting the holes in the ear cups.

I found underestimating the size of these and then increasing the size as neccesary was the best way.

Looks like you have more right side greeblies than you need.

Look forward to seeing further updates, if I can help at all just shout out.

Which version are you going for, Pilot or Co-Pilot?

Cheers,

Andy

It´s Aliens for you now, huh? After your Marine this should be fun... :):thumbsup
Nice project, i really enjoyed watching you unpack the helmet, Kristen!
I always wondered why my wife loves it when i unpack my stuff, now i completely understand her... :lol

Thanks so much everyone for the positive response, I really appreciate it! And if you think I look happy opening presents- you should see Art when he gets a package in the mail :lol

@Weequay- :D I am quite happily married to Mr. Art Andrews

@Garthok- Thanks, I hope I can do her justice

@clanger68-I may take you up on your offer! Definitely going for Ferro's helmet. BTW, love your avatar!

@RoCKo- It sure seems that way. When this helmet came up I just had to grab it. I saw a finished one at the RPF prop party in Calif. that Noble had and knew I had to get one eventually. So it is definitely an Aliens kind of year! A little aside- several years ago I got a casting of an Alien that I was going to try turn into a costume for me- how I was going to fit it I had no idea but I was going to make it work. But the casting of the rubber was so poorly done I sent it back and got my money back. So I was almost an alien too!

Last edited:
Hey Kristen sorry I couldnt finish (or start!) the helmet, though it will be a good project for you and more satisfying knowing youve made it!

Just looked at the video....the white straw you chucked away is if you decide to make the ear parts from scratch...that tube is used for the screw posts on either side (cut down shorter)

The clear tube you chucked is used to cover the camera release wires, slip it over them cut to right size and use the hairdryer to shrink to fit tight.

The straw isnt so important but the clear tube is! Keep it!

Also there are quite a few duplicate pieces. Some of the pieces you only need if you are making the ear sections from scratch. If you use the resin completed ears then you wont need these model parts.

lewis

Last edited:
Hey Kristen sorry I couldnt finish (or start!) the helmet, though it will be a good project for you and more satisfying knowing youve made it!

Just looked at the video....the white straw you chucked away is if you decide to make the ear parts from scratch...that tube is used for the screw posts on either side (cut down shorter)

The clear tube you chucked is used to cover the camera release wires, slip it over them cut to right size and use the hairdryer to shrink to fit tight.

The straw isnt so important but the clear tube is! Keep it!

Also there are quite a few duplicate pieces. Some of the pieces you only need if you are making the ear sections from scratch. If you use the resin completed ears then you wont need these model parts.

lewis

Lewis, I was going to ask Kristen about the complete ear sections, but if they came from you originally I might as well ask you! :)

Did you make them up from the parts and then cast a complete section, or did you 'obtain' them already done?

@clanger68-I may take you up on your offer! Definitely going for Ferro's helmet. BTW, love your avatar!

Any time, and thank you - gotta love a Dalek. :)

Cheers,

Andy

I made the left one from scratch on mine, and the right side i used a resin cast.

I sent Kristen resin casts, they were made by Stephen210 on the forum.

I made the left one from scratch on mine, and the right side i used a resin cast.

I sent Kristen resin casts, they were made by Stephen210 on the forum.

Ah cool, making your own is fun, but a ready made one is a lot less fiddly! :love

Here's a link to my photbucket page, there are some progress pics but not many, but they may be of some use.

dropship helmet pictures by sterclanger68 - Photobucket

DSCF5416.jpg

Lewis- seriously? I actually needed to keep those pieces? Oh crud! I am heading back up to Vegas tonight and will check my trash up there- I don't think I emptied the trash so hopefully they are still there. I seriously thought those were random stuff that just accidentally got caught up in the wrapping material and were trash. See- I am already screwing up this project! I guess I am going trash digging tonight, yay!

And thanks for the photos clanger68!- *EDIT- I just had a chance to look through those- WOW, those will be extremely useful, thank you so much!

hey SWC - I am currently assembling pieces for my build
I take it you want to do the Fero helmet vs Spunkmeyer?
lmk if I can help - although I am mostly in research and acquisition phase at the mo'

LDR - did you scratch a left side camera from spunky's lid?????

Last edited:
@ Heatshock- yup, Ferro for sure. I most definitely will. I'm still doing the same- just bought a bunch more parts so will have another video I imagine :)

@GeneralFROSTY- I couldn't resist. I felt like such a total nerd and could hardly keep from laughing. I wante to do it straight faced but utterly failed. I had some other vid where I grabbed my sunglasses that are somewhat of an aviator style and then I felt like Tom Cruise in Top Gun- started quoting lines from the film but I looked like such a goober I couldn't bare to put those in the video. Super cheeseball :lol But I had fun!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back