Aliens Colonial Marines armour

Andyrowlands62

It seems that whatever was preventing me from accessing threads, including my own, has now gone away, so I can now show pics of my conversion of my old Gridiron Football shoulder pads, and an ex-NATO helmet, into marines armour.

2 Oct 2014.JPG 3 Oct 2014.JPG

I removed the outer shell of the pads as they stuck up too far for this use. I am envisioning creating a Comtech outfit like Hudson, hence sticking two old circuit boards on the back of the shoulder-light base, and an old audio connection box on the front.

7 Nov 2014.JPG 8 Nov 2014.JPG

The jointed shoulder light I cut from pieces of aluminium and bolted them together. None of this looks movie-genuine, but once finished I think it will look reasonably good.

10 Nov 2014.JPG 18 Dec 2014.JPG 23 Dec 2014.JPG

I sprayed the pads all-over green, then added areas of brown, which don't show up that well in artificial light, then painted splotches of Humbrol 80 matt green. I've got two other Humbrol colours on order to complete painting; desert sand and dark green.

The helmet is an ex-NATO one I picked up about 10 years ago. It came with the camoflage fabric covering. It's been gathering dust in my bedroom since so I thought I might as well put it to good use.

11 Nov 2014.JPG 12 Nov 2014.JPG 19 Dec 2014.JPG 20 Dec 2014.JPG 17 Dec 2014.JPG

The earpiece is made of a cut piece of wood, an aluminium mounting plate and an old steel rod that happened to have a piece soldered onto it that resembles a mic. The 'speaker' is an old bicycle reflector. I can't make the neck protector any deeper as it would foul the shoulder pads when I turn my head. The 'camera' is made from an old medical sample flask :) I'd welcome any comments you might wish to make.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back